Sign in to follow this  
Guest robfather

Navigation

Guest robfather

Hi,I'm flying the 737 and I have a couple of questions re the navigation display. Couldn't find anything in the manuals.Most times when I select the arrival runway in the FMC, a white vertical line appears on the ND with a magenta diamond and numbers - what is this and what do the numbers mean?Second question - on a flight from EGKK to LATI, a green broken line appeared on the ND twice. It was running from 360 to 180 as the plane crossed the green line. Anyone know what this line is?Many ThanksRob

"Most times when I select the arrival runway in the FMC, a white vertical line appears on the ND with a magenta diamond and numbers - what is this and what do the numbers mean?"The FMC generates a precise vertical path in space for you to follow during descent to your chosen runway. This display tells you if you're above or below the VNAV descent path. The scale represents a (small) fixed distance either side of the perfect path, but if you get too far above/below, numbers appear, telling you exactly how far off the correct vertical path you are.Not sure what the other display is. Can you post a screenshot of it?Thanks.Cheers.Q>

>>Second question - on a flight from EGKK to LATI, a green broken line appeared on the ND twice. It was running from 360 to 180 as the plane crossed the green line. Anyone know what this line is?>It could be a VOR track line, in my opinion. That line can appear as you said (360-180) if by a coincidence you have tuned the frequency of a nearby VOR in your NAV1 radio and you have 000 dialed in your MCP COURSE selector.Jose Luis.

Guest robfather

Thanks guys, that seems to make sense on both counts.Rob