Sign in to follow this  
Guest aa7373

throttles stuck on full power

Guest aa7373

I had a problem with the 737NG when I tried to slow down the throttles stayed at the full power settings. Disconnected AP and AT no throttle response from keyboard or joystick. It doesn't happen on every flight but its annoying when it does. I read a previous post where someone had the same problem back in 2004. I think the problem is still around. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks John

John,I too have run into this quirk, but on both the PMDG 737 and 747.It happens if you perform a full power climb with the throttles to the stops and the autothrottle is armed but not engaged or active at the moment. This is not something that should be done in the sim or with the real aircraft, by the way. Bad pilot procedure.It seems that after a few minutes of this punishment, I can't remember the length of time, if you try to pull back on the throttles, they don't respond and will stay at full throttle. I've found that you then will have to disarm the autothrottle (turn off the switch on the MCP), and then move your throttle levers to idle to get back manual control. It doesn't matter whether you have the autopilot engaged or not.I'm using the CH Products Throttle Quadrant and not the keyboard for throttle control, so maybe the keyboard commands don't work the same way in getting out of this problem. The best procedure is to let the Flight Management System run the throttles during climbs as intended. The engines will thank you.Funny thing is, that same quirk happens with the Ready for Pushback 747-200 as well. A bug in FS9 maybe?Kim