Sign in to follow this  
boyho1

waterrep.zip

Hi guysI d/l the above file (water replacement textures) from the avsim 12 month hot files section but when I opened it to look how and where to install in FS2k2 the were no instructions:-(As this is one of the top d/ls there must be someone out there who can HELP please:-)

The authors name is URBAN POTOCNIK.......come in wherever you are

Guest Kurt

Frank,To find out where to install the new files, open a new explorer window and navigate to your main FS2002 folder and click once on it to highlight it, press F3 to open a find window. You want to do a find for xxxb2wa1.bmp files and water_detailxx.bmp files so use a wildcard (*) for the xx.find files Named*b2wa1.bmp,water_detail*.bmpmake sure the Include subfolders box is checked and click Find Nowhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d466e52341e8dd9.jpgyou should get a listing of files and the folder they are in. Actually you will find more than just the files you are going to replace, make sure you make copies of the original files that are to be replaced and put them in a folder someplace safe before copying the new files over. Kurt M

Thanks Kurt for exceptionally clear answer to my query. Worked like a charm. I could never have worked that out on my own. In the UK, we call people who help out broken down motorists ' Knights of the road' so I hereby nominate you for the new title of 'Knight of the Flight Simmers'