Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Help With Tutorial Missed Approach to MCO

Afterthought: I'll make this change to the KMCO sidstar for next cycle (0705) due out later this week unless you report it has a problem. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest tmetzinger

I'm going to test this:APPROACH ILS18R FIX HAMMY AT OR ABOVE 3000 FIX TUFFE 2200 FIX IVODE RNW 18R TRK 184 UNTIL 500 FIX ISM TRK 180 UNTIL 2 FROM FIX ISM TRK 327 UNTIL 4 FROM FIX ISM HOLD AT FIX ISM RIGHT TURN INBOUNDCOURSE 147 ALT 2000 LEGTIME 1.0And then if it doesn't work I'll try coding some colocated fixes with direct legs between them.

Guest tmetzinger

OK, I've got the problem identified and solved.The default procedure (climb to 500, then direct ISM and hold) doesn't work because the turn anticipation in the PMDG starts the turn to intercept the outbound course of the hold a little early (probably because I fly it at 220, at 250 it might work), and the airplane doesn't fly close enough to ISM to trigger the sequence to the hold.If you keep the flight director in LNAV but do NOT engage the autopilot, and overfly ISM, then the sequence engages and if you engage the autopilot after overflying ISM it will hold correctly.To make it fully automatic, I've added two new fixes to define the first teardrop for the holding pattern entry:FIX ISMHLD1 COLOCATED ISM 297 8.0 FIX ISMHLD2 COLOCATED ISM 327 2.0Now the procedure overflies ISM, then turns right and overflies the first point, then turns right to the second, and finally there's a 2 mile leg to the holding point and holding begins: APPROACH ILS18R FIX HAMMY AT OR ABOVE 3000 FIX TUFFE 2200 FIX IVODE RNW 18R TRK 184 UNTIL 500 FIX OVERFLY ISM 2000 SPEED 220 FIX OVERFLY ISMHLD1 TURN RIGHT DIRECT FIX ISMHLD2 2000 HOLD AT FIX ISM RIGHT TURN INBOUNDCOURSE 147 ALT 2000 LEGTIME 1.0I've attached the corrected SID/STARS file.

Thanks, Tim. I'll affect the change to kmco for cycle 0705.

Dan Downs KCRP