Sign in to follow this  
victorfcl

PMDG 747's Navigation Display

Hi everybody,I'm new in this forum but I also have almost a year using the PMDG 747 passenger and freighter version my question is how can I make the ND do the green circle around the runway of the destination airport because I saw that on the Youtube website and here's the link anyway:

Another question is how can I make the navigation display do the white circles when is in plan mode beause I tried to do so but nothing happens and it appears in the own fmc's users guise from the 747's operating manuals from pmdg.If anyone can help me I will really appreciate it.Any suggestions are welcome,Victor.

The green dashed line you're talking about is a data kept in a fix in the FMC.. there are a lot of things you can do with fixes in the FMC I suggest you read up on them in the manual.. try their take off Tutorial.. or read my tutorial here..http://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/downloads..._1.0_206648.zipI strongly suggest you do the pmdg and that tutorial there.. you'll learn a lot about the various systems how they operate and what they actually do..There have been a lot of "elementary" questions about the 747 lately, and it strikes me that a lot of people get in press a few buttons and if it doesn't do what they expect it to do, like they would a MSFS 747 then they start posting questions.. No disrespect, but your question is elementary in terms of the 747's avionics.. and that's not a bad thing! Please don't think I giving you unconstructive criticism, but you have a lot to learn about this bird and the complexity of the simulation if fixes aren't known to you.. but it's all good.. and part of the fun..I would strongly suggest.. you take my tutorial there and read it and do that flight, a lot of the questions you have about this aircraft will be answered within it.. Tutorials like this and the PMDG guides should really be top on your reading list.. I know how daunting the 747 can be, but it's a great aircraft with a lot of very neat features and surprises.. Like you I was once in the dark to her avionics etc, now I am quite proficient really, being able to handle pretty much anything I want.. Take a look at the PMDG tutorials, do those and then try that flight I set up.. You'll learn A LOT!Good luck, and happy flying..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

1.- About the green circle:Open the FIX page in your FMC. Type the name of the fix/airport (VOR, waypoint, airport ICAO code, etc). In the RAD/DIS line type "/dd" being dd the radius of the circle that you desire in Nmiles.That is all.2.- About the white arcs:Open the following folder:C:/program files/microsoft games/flight simulator 9/PMDGyou will find there a "747400gauges" file.Open it with wordpad.Find the line:"Show rangerings=0"Change it to:"Show rangerings=1"Save it and close.That is all.Afterwards, after loading your 747 in FS click the TFC button in your EFIS panel to pop up the rings(the same button you click to show the traffics in the ND).But, this change is not permanent, every time you load a saved panel situation in which you had not the rings activated you will loose them and you will have to do the whole procedure again.Jose Luis.

Victor:I forgot to say a couple of things in my last post:1.- Be welcome to the forum.2.- About the white arcs in the ND: The same can be done in the PMDG-737, modifying to "show rangerings=1" the line in the proper "737gauges" file. The advantage with the PMDG-737 is that the change will be permanent as there isn't a "panel saving" function to spoil it. Jose Luis

Hi Craig,Firstable I want to thank you for your help and I know that I have to learn more about this greatest aircraft especially coming from PMDG and do not worry for the way you are telling me the things you mencionted because you are saying the truth and I do not have to get angry because of that. The problem is that as I told you I'm using this software for almost a year but I do not have much time to discover all the features of it because of my work but I hope (If you are willing) you to help me in those things, who knows maybe in the future I will discover something new and need your help or the help of everybody in this forum.Thanks so much for your help,Victor.

Hi Jose Luis,I want to thank you for your welcome.your advice was veru usefull for me and as I said to Craig I hope you can support me along this time I do not have much time to use this aircraft because of my work but when I use it, it really worth every penny I put on it.Many thanks guys to give me your helpfull advices,Victor.

Victor,I know what you mean about time.. day jobs are no fun are they.. lol.. I would start with that reading material.. and go from there.. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them on the forum or PM me.. it's no trouble at all.. we were all in the same boat at some point or another..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL