Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

Better sound file for the 737NG?

After dealing with>broken real airplanes for 10 hours a day,This flightsim hobby>is starting to to be a pain.Wow, I bet repairing the real ones are easier than the sim ones eh? Its all a learning curve really. Theres a reason why your PMDG is CTD so, if you can give us a bit more info as to what your doing just before it happens there is a lot of helpful people on here that will be more then pleased to help you overcome it.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thank's Dave, I guess it's my stubborn unwillingness to constantly babysit my pmdg install's with each addon installed to CF9. I don't have to do this with any other addon.And I just don't have the time these days for that effort,and seemingly constant trouble shooting.My fault, Just venting.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

What are the names of the three files? I only found two files, CFM56-7v4 (Download #82754) and CFM56-7 update to v5 (Download #87892). Is there one more somewhere I missed?Kim

Scratch that. I finally found it, the v4 patch. Can't wait to try the new sounds out.Kim

I kind of forgot about this post...well I'm loving the new sounds!altough I think we need more of a buzz, and I'll tell you why....those sounds scare me so much, everytime I hear them, I creep out! i'm nowhere near creeping out in this plane so far lol

Guest andyman

Yea those sounds are great!

Guest robfather

Hi,Excuse me if I sound a little confused! Do the downloaded cfm files need to be unzipped before adding them to the PMDG folder? According to the "readme" text they just need to be added to the appropriate 600/700/800/900 file.ThanksRob

yup, unzip them and put them in the 737-700 folder (in sound) that will reflect all other versions as well.

Guest robfather

Hi,Having a problem getting the "new" sounds. Downloaded all three files, unzipped and added them to the sound folder that is within the "Aircraft" - "PMDG 700" - "sound" folder - no change in the sounds.Any ideas or perhaps I'm doing it wrong and require a step by step guide!?Rob

Yes this is a nice soundset, but one problem I don't seem to to get a soundless cold and dark cockpit as is possible with other 737NG soundsets.Any suggestions?Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

(thought I would try reposting this in what I hope will be a more prominent thread location)Yes this is a nice soundset, but one problem I don't seem to to get a soundless cold and dark cockpit as is possible with other 737NG soundsets.Any suggestions?Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Maxihard

It's the panel state saved in the situation file which might be the cause, if your loading a previously saved flight that is. Which sounds are you hearing that your not when using another sound set?

These sounds rock.Positioned aircraft close up in external view facing me nose to nose and let the engines go from idle to the loudest grrrrrr scream in apartment block at full blast today, and all the neighbours thought there was a real boieng in the block. heheheFlying the 737 is fun again. I think the queen will have to stick to the hanger for a bit, while I fly the renewed 737.AntCape TownSouth Africa

Also try this file, cfm56-7_series.zip by Devyn Silverstein.Has a great grrrr sound!Cole

Ok i've done a little researching here...found two videos, both of 738, different airlines... sounds are completely different.Alaskan Airlines 738 -buzzes like crazy-http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircraft_Boe...Video-7721.htmlAmerican Airlines 738 -no buzz at all-http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircraft_Boe...Video-8655.htmlThen I came across a payware soundset developer that makes a CFM56 soundset that has more characteristics of the american airlines 738 video above. Im wondering what the discrepancy is here.Link to payware soundset -audio sample avail.- ---> http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2258

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit