Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

How many Low & Slow?

Guest Pardue802

I was just looking around only to discover that there are virtually no quality DVD's/documentaries for low & slow aircraft or GA flight in general, Cessnas, Pipers, Bonanzas, etc. That's very diappointing, but I wonder, how many of you guys are actually like me and prefer flying the low & slow aircraft as opposed to heavy iron? I don't want to fly too fast and miss the scenery ;-) Feedback welcome, on both whether or not there may be some DVD's on the subject or your experiences as a lil' GA pilot.Oh yeah, and how many of you guys have done round-the-world flights in the lil' guys? I'm interested to know that, too.Ken

Guest Paul_W

>I was just looking around only to discover that there are >virtually no quality DVD's/documentaries for low & slow >aircraft or GA flight in generalI agree. I've looked a number of times on the Web for flight videos, and besides the well-known airline series I've found practically nothing. It's odd.If anyone's familiar with anything that I might have overlooked, please fill me in.

In the past two months, I've done a complete turnaround in the type of aircraft and flights I simulate.Now, I rarely climb above 10,000 ft (although I took a Baron to 15,000 to clear the Sierra yesterday). The new 150H, once it's rereleased with an original set of flight dynamics, is a joy to fly. Now, I tend to set the time to an hour or two before sunset, and I just enjoy cruising amidst the clouds and evening shadows. The two shots I posted in this thread sums up "Low and Slow" for me:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID8-John

Guest Pardue802

Neat round the world challenge Jozef. I wish they would have put in as much detail into the Mooney as the Baron and Cessnas. :-( From what I understand the only replacements (with a VC) are payware. I might be interested in buying one... Which of the following would you consider the best plane to attempt a challenge WITH the BEST VC view for seeing the gorgeous FS scenery:FSD's Commander 115Dreamfleet's Piper Archer IICarenado's Beech Bonanza V35I'm personally inclined to go with the Bonanza because I love the V-tail, but I've heard that there are some foul things dealing with the company that made it.And just for the record, seconds to Paul... let us know if there are any decent DVD's out there for the GA crowd!ThanxKen

Check out my recent screenshots of the awesome freeware Piper Arrow 3 that Warren Baier made. That's a good low and slow plane! You can't beat that and The Debonaire that's about to be re-released with the virtual cockpit.

If I were to go 'round the world I'd go for the C115TC or the Carenado F33. Personally, I think the V-tail is incredibly ugly (though it does have a tad more "character" than the F33's).Scott

Guest Jozef_K

Ken,From those three you mentioned I only have the FSD Commander. As I started the RTW, I have mostly used the Mooney Bravo. But after the release of FS2K2, I feel a more liberal and have also tried some freeware planes. Nowadays I mostly fly the Beech Debonair, but I have also flown quite some legs in the FSD Commander. Nice plane.http://httpd.chello.nl/~j-kusters/logo.gif [link:Ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Tradewind/"]Visit TCA TradeWind ]Jozef[/font

Guest Lizardo

Drop down to Bush Flying Unlimited forum..we're all slow, often VFR, sometimes low.