Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

PMDG 747-400F Fuel Planner

Hi all, I was just looking at doing a proper flight with my PMDG 747-400F but so far a lack of a decent fuel planner is stopping me. For the pax version by PMDG, I have a fantastic fuel planner that I downloaded (from avsim.com i think) by Felice Valente. If anyone else has this fuel planner for the PMDG 747-400 (pax) then they will know why I like it. I've seen spreadsheets out there for the Freighter, but they are too cumbersome to use in my opinion. Could someone please build (or direct me to an existing) a PMDG 747-400F fuel planner like the one I have for the pax version?Thanks,

The tables in the pilot operating handbook have worked pretty good for me. If you're complaining that it is not easy then you've discovered that this is a complex problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mcalpinep

Matt,I used to feel the same as you, fuel planning was a chore and wanted a nice easy way for somebody else to do it for me (please take that comment with the greatest respect) , I only recently read through the fuel planning section of the PMDG manuals and it is so easy to work through. The 747-400F load manager takes most of the strain but you still have to tell it how much fuel you need. I don't think you need to invest in any 3rd party fuel planners - use the PMDG ( which I believe is from Boeing ) supplied manager & documentation.Regards,Phil McAlpine.

If you're talking about the load managr, it only calculates the load. It doesn't calculate how much fuel you need because you can't enter in any data such as the length of the flight, altitudes, etc. I am looking for one where I can enter in details like the starting and finishing point, aircraft weights, the nautical miles, cruising altitude, etc and then click on a "calculate" button to tell me how much fuel I need to carry. The load manager doesn't do any of that - just tells you how much weight you have in cargo, etc.

Matt: The fuel planner table in the documentation is available. I obtain a reasonable estimate by using Active Sky to give me an enroute time, then obtain the enroute fuel from the table. I then add minimum landing, alternate and contingency loads. Study the documentation and put it to use... why not?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mcalpinep

Hi Matt,I understand that, my post does mention that the load manager needs to be told how much fuel - my point was that the information in the PMDG manual tells you everything you need to know about fuel planning (assuming of course you know the length of your flight).I also find planning the fuel 'all by yourself' add's to the enjoyment of this sim. Just my opinion of course.Regards,Phil.

Where is the pilot operating handbook? I haven't found it.