Sign in to follow this  
Legend

What's wrong with the autopilot suddenly???

Recently I reinstalled the 747, today I wanted to do a pretty long flight (EHAM-TNCM), but during climb every few moments the autopilot disconnected. Sometimes there were 30 seconds in-between, sometimes it disconnected the moment I pressed the CMD-A button. In total it disconnected some 60 or 70 times today I think. I have NO idea what causes it; the disengage bar stays up, I've checked my hotas (Thrustmaster Cougar) for unwanted keypresses but there are none. I use FSUIPC to suppress gusts / turbulence, and I also use ActiveSky V6 with "FSUIPC wind smoothing" checked. Also there doesn't seem to be extreme weather - it was a nice, 15kt tail wind during climb. Setup had been done correctly AFAIK, VNAV and LNAV were engaged.After I reached cruise altitude (so when Engine mode changed from CLB to CRZ) the problems were over and I had an uneventful flight. But it was very annoying, the first 30 minutes or so.Anyone knows what this is?

Anyone? It happens on every flight nowadays; also when I don't use ActiveSky (so I don't think it's influenced by that).Also I noticed some strange message on the FMC today - "max alt FL217" or similar - and that while the Boeing had a zero fuel weight of 540768 Lbs, and I had 166000 Lbs of fuel on board - well within limits. Also, when I programmed the flight in the FMC I could go directly to FL350 - so it's not overweight or anything. I did another test where I cleared all weather - same results. So if anyone knows what could be causing this, please let me know!

You are not leaning or any pressure on the flight sick at all? Flight stick isn't 'spiking' or anything? Jay

>You are not leaning or any pressure on the flight sick at>all? Flight stick isn't 'spiking' or anything? >>JayNo, after I engage the A/P I don't touch it anymore. It's completely spike-free - it has Hall-sensors instead of pots, so technically it isn't even possible to spike, but I checked the "joystick analyser" software and there it also shows no spiking. Apart from that, I did not mark the "controls override" boxes in the PMDG options menu. And it only happens during the climb phase. As soon as engine mode changes to CRZ, the problem disappears.