Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

AoA training video for The Queen?

Guest cliffie1931

This morning's announcement that AoA have released their 747 training video suggests that it's reasonable to ask when the FSX 747 will be available.A ball point timing Robert?Cliff

First off, when did they release it? Secondly, what does the AoA video have to do with the FSX 747?

Guest travnz

I feel that the FSX747 doesnt have anything to do with the AOA video.The AOA video should be applicable to both versions, correct??

Guest cliffie1931

Here's where I got the information"Effective with the release of PMDG's 747-400/400F for FSX, for a limited time, customers purchasing their PMDG 747-400/400F for FSX directly from PMDG's eCommerce system will be offered the opportunity to purchase the exciting new Angle of Attack-Queen of the Skies Training DVD at a special, discounted promotional price."Cliff

Guest james320

Maybe we should start betting on when the FSX version of the 747-400 will be released... my guess is December 2009, shortly after the release of FS11! Followed two years later by the 737NGX! Just kidding. :-)

>Here's where I got the information>>"Effective with the release of PMDG's 747-400/400F for FSX,>for a limited time, customers purchasing their PMDG>747-400/400F for FSX directly from PMDG's eCommerce system>will be offered the opportunity to purchase the exciting new>Angle of Attack-Queen of the Skies Training DVD at a special,>discounted promotional price.">>Cliff>That's a conditional statement Cliff - reworded, it basically says "When we release the FSX 744, there will be an option to purchase the AoA DVD alongside the plane with a discount." Neither product is released and it doesn't say they are anywhere in the press release.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest cliffie1931

Thanks for clarifying that statement Ryan.It's perhaps not relevant but I hold your team in such esteem that I've upgraded my machine to run at the Windows Vista rating of 5.1; FSX runs like a dream with almost all sliders at max.And I've done this soley because of what you and your fellow team members offer us. Quality and service.If The Queen (and the MD11) takes longer so be it. I'm happy to wait for as long as it takes to have her (again) and her newer sister in my hanger.Regards,Cliff

Cliff and others,As Ryan stated, all this line means is that there will be a deal for PMDG customers when the 74X is released. PMDG would like to see you guys learn how to use their aircraft just as much as we would here at AoA. Because of release date sensitivity around here, no dates will be released. Of course all teams have their ideas about when things will be done, but only one true date matters; release date. No one knows when that will be until it's here. The one company that doesn't budge on these release dates, PMDG, is also the one that makes the best aircraft. This builds anticipation to an unhealthy level. The antidote ends up being an aircraft we can hear even just a whisper of and get excited. No other products do that.As for AoA, the work is steadily moving forward, and is looking better than ever! We too see our share of setbacks, but rest assured that progress is being made everyday. The past couple days in particular have been very exciting. Screenshots and preview videos will be floating around soon. Check our website regularly. Thanks for the excitement guys! It always gives us a good boost!

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

>>Here's where I got the information>>>>"Effective with the release of PMDG's 747-400/400F for FSX,>>for a limited time, customers purchasing their PMDG>>747-400/400F for FSX directly from PMDG's eCommerce system>>will be offered the opportunity to purchase the exciting new>>Angle of Attack-Queen of the Skies Training DVD at a>special,>>discounted promotional price.">>>>Cliff>>>>>That's a conditional statement Cliff - reworded, it basically>says "When we release the FSX 744, there will be an option to>purchase the AoA DVD alongside the plane with a discount." >Neither product is released and it doesn't say they are>anywhere in the press release.This is not a clinical and controlled experiment, this is a real-life marketplace where volatility and customer expectations are a reality. It is not an unreasonable stretch for the customers to be piqued at the mention of this AoA video. The press release mentions that the video is to be bundled or offered at a discount upon the release of the FSX 747. Such a mention raises questions since the products are certainly being paired.People have become anxious and the wording of the press release gives a passing impression that the FSX 747 release is imminent. While a release date or status of the project is not explicitly stated in the announcement, the press release is promoting both products. Therefore, I don't think any inquiries regarding the status of the software are unwarranted.This press-release "pokes" at the customer, in effort to inform and maintain our interest (and subsequent patronage) in the product.Hence, you have this thread.So, we can mince and quibble over terms, but this press-release certainly begs the question...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Certainly! In no way is it a bad thing. For us it's all part of the fun and part of the process, in fact. We enjoy the customer interaction and interest. It also gives us a "boost" when things are dragging on. All I can say is there is a lot of work to still be done.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Guest Solex_nl

This looks like a killer deal :)I will certainly buy them both as soon as they will become available.