Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaDude

2 Questions with the 737NG 800/900

First, I am having trouble getting the speed brake to work with either the 2D or the VC cockpit. I see that I can pull back on the handle, but it stops after moving only a little bit. It was working fine in the VC, and not in the 2D, but it's not working in either cockpit now.Second, is there any way to set the airplane so that the fuel cutoff valves are in the cutoff position and not in the on position. I have saved my aircaft to cold and dark by shutting down via a checklist. I then double-checked the list and triple checked the cutoff valves. When I get ready for a new flight from the previously saved instance (after restarting FS9), the engines are running and the fuel valves are on. I was thinking there was a cold and dark configuration on the PMDG pull-down when I was in FS9, but it seems to have disappeared when I installed the 800/900 series.Help please.Thanks,John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

Guest tmetzinger

Hey John,The speedbrakes on the NG are probably the most problematic piece of the software, due mostly to the way FS9 handles spoilers.In a nutshell, you can drag the handle all the way down, but it will only move to the "armed" position until your mouse pointer is all the way down to one of the deployed (flight or ground) spots. Then the handle will jump the rest of the way.I find the best way to use the spoiler is to only drag the handle to arm or disarm the auto spoilers, and use the spoiler deploy "/" key to activate them in flight, and the "Shift-/" key (normally used to arm the autospoilers) to return them to the stowed position.As for the fuel cutoff levers, they always start up in the ON position. I just make it part of my "accept the airplane" routine to turn them off.

Guest Solex_nl

Hello mr. Metzinger, Are you still working on your 737NG book ?I enjoyed your tutorials very much!