Sign in to follow this  
Guest Firestriker

Once More - Can Use Your Help

Guest Heather 636

As most, if not all of you know by now, myself and a few others are working on making even better the Grumman Duck for a second release, hopefully real soon.What we're looking for now is a gauge. Bill Morad and Bob Familton have been doing some work on a new panel for the Duck. We may even have an option of the end-user being able to select between two models. Haven't decided yet on that.Below is an attachment of a sample of the nearly completed Bill Morad panel. The throttle quadrant has been moved off of the panel and a few other changes are still left to take place yet, possibly a more discreet button to select "Runway Info." All in all she's really looking great!What I/we need your help with is trim wheels. I have been searching with no luck so far. All I have been able to find are the ones that go on the panel. What we would like to have are larger wheels that would go alongside the throttle quadrant (rudder and pitch).I would almost swear that I have seen some somewhere before but trying to go through the hundreds of planes I have, with many of them off my drive and in a "mothball" hangar, is a dauntless task.And I still need to get to work on an optional "female" pilot texture and the detailing of a Marine Corps texture provided by Michael Morrissey.I thought the search could be speeded up considerably by enlisting the help of the AVSIM community. If you have seen what you believe we are looking for, your pointing it out to us would be greatly appreciated.Oh! And one other thing. If you see anything on this panel that could be improved without taking away from the "weathered" historical look (no digital readouts please), suggestions would be warmly welcome.Sincerely,Heather

Guest Heather 636

***bump***No ideas?Heather

Heather, are you looking for trim wheels like on the throttle quadrant of the Cessna C208 Caravan or are you looking for bigger ones? I've seen different ones. Can you be a little more specific and I'll look through my stuff.Vince

Guest Heather 636

Thank you Vince for the help.Just took a look and ones like on the Caravan would be nice. I'm not sure those can be used though as I believe that they are part of the entire quadrant.Bigger ones would be okay too, somewhat like the one to the left of the quadrant on Bill Rambow's R4D, except there's no way I'm going to be allowed to use that one, and it's for elevator only.I've never seen the ones in actual use on the Duck so can't say for sure but would imagine that they are rather large as this was before the day of nice little thunbwheels on the instrument panel.Hard to tell anything from this image but i think the bigger wheels would be more appropriate.http://www.swiremariners.com/Duck2.jpgAnyway, appreciate your taking a look and if you see anything promising, please, let me know.I'll direct Bill to this Caravan one anyway, not sure he can use it.Thanks,Heather

Guest Firestriker

Female pilot?

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Lou,but I haven't even been able to repaint the Duck pilot, let alone replace it.Not enough expertise in that area yet I guess.Finally managed to get somewhere with PSP7 but I had faces showing up where there shouldn't be faces.I have my brothers "pin-up" collection and was using various images from the Vargas folder to try and get that "period' look. After about three hours and a lot of frustration, I had to walk away from this one.I think I'll leave this one alone and focus on more important issues.Although, for anyone who wishes to give it a go and has downloaded the Duck where they can check out there work, I happily welcome them to give it a go, and with wishes for the best of luck.Cheers!Heather

Guest Firestriker

Give a shout when you get ready to start building stuff! Will help in any way I can.

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Lou!I will certainly remember the offer.I have never forgot how much help you were when I was having trouble getting the windows back to clear on my DC-3.The only thing I can find to complain about is that you don't have anyplace for me to leave a nice feedback for you.Thanks Lou!Cheers!Heather

Guest Firestriker

Well, I guess I'll have to fix that.... LOL!!!