Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyin Willy

Reference Airport and Gate on POS INIT page

Guest Flyin Willy

Hi,I would like to use the Reference Airport and Gate on the POS INIT page of the FMC to verify the inital position on the 747. I read somewhere that the data should be in the SIDSTAR file but I couldn't find anything on the format. How can I make this data available in the FMC?Thanks!Christian

For the 737, the gate position is not implemented. I'm not sure about the 747. Regardless, there is a method to include gate latlon info in the sidstar but I rarely see it done for PMDG FMCs. However, I would expect the gate location in FS9 to vary based on accuracy of scenery add-ons or parking slots defined by the AFCAD file.. much easier to just pick up the DD MM.MM info from FS9 itself (using Ctrl-Z).Best position to use is the GPS position provided by the 747, as for 737 it doesn't matter since IRS isn't implemented.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Flyin Willy

Hi,could maybe someone from PMDG give some input, please?ThanksChristian

>For the 737, the gate position is not implemented. I'm not>sure about the 747.>I think it's the other way around. For the 737 the gate postion is implemented, but not for the 747.It's best to use the GPS postion when using the 747.Jon

The gate positions can in fact be implemented via the SIDSTAR file I believe. I forget precisely how to do it though, since it's rarely used even in the real world. Most of the time an entry of "ALL" into that field is sufficient. (it loads a general airport lat/lon position, but I don't believe we have that implemented)Dan's right - there's really no to point to trying to do all of this in FS because of variability in scenery etc. The newer aircraft can use the GPS position as input to align the IRS's and that's just fine for FS purposes.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Flyin Willy

>The gate positions can in fact be implemented via the SIDSTAR>file I believe. I forget precisely how to do it though, since>it's rarely used even in the real world. Most of the time an>entry of "ALL" into that field is sufficient. (it loads a>general airport lat/lon position, but I don't believe we have>that implemented)>>Dan's right - there's really no to point to trying to do all>of this in FS because of variability in scenery etc. The>newer aircraft can use the GPS position as input to align the>IRS's and that's just fine for FS purposes.Hi Ryan,could you tell me the format of the data in the SIDSTAR file? I am usually using the same gates and I would like to use the information for verification. I now that some large carriers have it in their SOP...ThanksChristian

Use Terry's tutorial found at planepath.com, the final section after APPROACHES is optional GATES.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Flyin Willy

Thanks, Dan, great reading...Christian