Sign in to follow this  
G-CIVA

Strange Changes to My CRT/LCD Displays - Please Help!!

Guys,As you can see from my screenie attachment I now have some strange changes to my CRT/LCD displays in both the 737NG & 744 (PAX & F Models).Last night I decided to purchase some new scenery (UK 2000 Airports EGLL, EGKK EGPF & EGCC). Having successfully installed these items I decided to uninstall Ultimate Traffic, which I did correctly & successfully. Following this I defragged my system.On flashing up the Queen tonight I have observed some stange behaviour on the CRT displays, some of the fonts seem to have increased in size to the point where now some of them do not seem to fit correctly...some characters are missing...and some seem to be squeezed over each other. This is not the case for the FMC CDU which appears fine. It is really odd & annoying!!!I am running a dual monitor setup as follows:Primary 21" 70Hz at 1280x1024 with 32 bit coloursSecondary 19" 60Hz at 12801280x1024 with 32 bit coloursGraphics Card Radeon X850 Series 0If anyone has any ideas please help!!!!RegardsSteve B

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Steve,Check your windows DPI settings (it's somewhere in the display properties windows). It should be set to 96, not a higher value. If that's not the issue let me know...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,Have checked the DPI Setting & it is set to 96....Steve B

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

Steve,Let me do some research on it... in the mean time it wouldn't hurt to just try uninstalling and reinstalling the NG and 744.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,Thanks for your prompt reply...alas mine has been slower due to work commitments.Ouch...a full unistall...I have well over 100 737NG Liveries & 124 744 Liveries installed...can I cut them & save then somewhere safe along with the cfg file a/c text, pasting them back into the correct folders once the reinstall is complete??Is there really no other option??I know that this will work for the SID/STAR files.I guess the uninstall sequence does'nt matter could you confirm if the correct re-install order, I have all variants of the 737NG & both the PAX & F versions of the 744.Steve B

Steve Bell

Ryan,Have you had any joy with this one...I am back at home tomorrow night & the prospect of 'the mother of all unistall & re-installs' is looming I guess??RegardsSteve B

Steve Bell

Steve,Awaiting a response from the programmers... I'll post back when I get one.If it does come to a reinstall, yes you can backup the liveries and relevant aircraft.cfg stuff and just paste it back in. The installers are just an automated way of creating all that stuff.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest andyman

The exact thing is happening to me at that resolution on vista... Except vista hides the DPI settings!

Ryan,Thanks for the reply, I'll have one more look at things tonight & see whats what!!RegardsSteve B

Steve Bell

Ryan,FYI I took the big plunge & have just unistalled all my PMDG products.I have now re-installed the 744...but chose not to re-install the 736/7/8/9 (nothing personal!!)...my CRT fonts are back as they should be...I love her again now!!!A fairly simple process as my 744 was the CD version.My 744F was a download...that's next...I'll let you know if I encounter any dramas!!Could the actual fonts drawn in the CRTs have been altered by me inadvertantly causing the problem??Kind RegardsSteve B

Steve Bell

Steve,Yeah, missing fonts is what the team said. You probably could have just done a "repair" install of the 744 with the installer actually, but what you did works as well.Andy, try doing the repair install?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Ryan,Re-installation now complete...no dramas at all...CRT fonts remain as they should be on both the PAX & F variants!!One minor issue is that I have now lost all of my airline specific callsigns...any ideas...only a minor issue but it does help to keep it real??Sorry to keep bugging you.RegardsSteve B

Steve Bell