Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Problems with Virus/Trojan

Ryan,Which anti-virus suite are you using? This is almost certainly a false positive... I just scanned all the liveries with NOD32 and nothing came up.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan-I just ran a full scan of every livery on our download server. Not surprisingly, the scan reported nothing.To be certain, I had our server host conduct an in depth scan of the livery mentioned, and it also came up with no report of viral concern.We've seen this report pop up now and then and it has never been substantiated as being viral sourced to PMDG. Normally we find one of two things:1) False positive for some bug or other... 2) The reporter pulled the file from a torrent or other piracy site (and can't figure out why it's virally hazardous...LOL!)We have seen a few reports from various folks who had a viral infection previously on their machine that embedded itself into something already on their machine, etc etc- but those infections aren't coming from any file on our server.The 400 and 400F liveries are scanned in depth twice a day. If something were amiss- we'd be the first to know about it!BTW: We get a significant number of reports from folks who download products illegally from various locations. It always amuses us when someone complains that our product had a virus in it- when they downloaded it from a stolen software site... I guess the phrase "buyer beware" doesn't even apply there, since they stole it in the first place, eh?(No insinuation that you stole anything, Ryan- just figured the story would amuse you....LOL)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I have some files downloaded a couple of years ago from PMDG and this files HAVE virus. Anywhere, I have downloaded the same liveries today from the PMDG site and this files are clean.So, maybe the positives are not false positives but real infected files, probably infected in my own PC a time ago.Gerry Renve

>I have some files downloaded a couple of years ago from PMDG>and this files HAVE virus. Anywhere, I have downloaded the>same liveries today from the PMDG site and this files are>clean.>>So, maybe the positives are not false positives but real>infected files, probably infected in my own PC a time ago.Gerry - we've never had any known instance of a real virus being distributed with our files. They were either infected outside of our control (ie on your machine) or else you were seeing false positives from your AV program. These can and do happen - just because an AV flags something doesn't necessarily mean it is in fact a virus. There's other criteria that have to be met.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Hey All, I originally brought this subject up back when I bought my copy of the Queen early/mid last year (Hard to believe I've had her that long.)Ok so my problem is I went to download the All Nippon livery (PMDG747-400-GE_All_Nippon.EXE) my anti virus software picked up this Win/Silly.dl I think that was the name of the infection. I didn't think too much about it because usually my anti virus software automatically deletes these pest. Well come next day I boot up my computer and walk away for about one hour I come back and my anti virus software picked up the same virus again (which never happened in the past.)Im just curious if anyone else has been infected with this virus after downloading the All Nippon livery from PMDG's site?- Ryan