Sign in to follow this  
tunnelcat

Ocassional crazy 744 autopilot, wierd fix found.

Guest Zane767

Okay got a reply,I need to read the type rating course provided (which I will do). But if it is pilot error I can't understand whats wrong because isn't the FMCs the same as the 777s? I have no problems with that, or is it because its unrealistic (pss777)?I will email them screenshots of my FMC, then see if it's wrong. Then again it still doesn't explain why auto-pilot isn't following the MCP comands!

Guest Zane767

Right,I have done the type rating course right upto the takeoff section, and the SAME problem accoured. (Told you it wasnt pilot error!) Now I came to the conclusion that it's my joystick interfearing with the 744s auto pilot system.The reason I say this is because, since I've installed Vista and installed the Vista drivers for my Saitek Evo Force, the controls are really weird behaving. There is no tension in the controls what so ever, but once I engage auto-pilot and remove my hands the joystick DOES move on its own...Now this would be overriding the auto-pilot and upsetting the trim of the aircraft, also the auto-pilots commands. So due to the PMDG auto-pilot override system the forcefeed back is interfearing with the flight itself. So I guess this could possible be my problem. If not then I have no idea what so ever and back to flying the PSS 777 I go for now.I have noticed the complete joystick change with the change of OS, it used to feel like I was taking a heavy beast off the RWY. But now the controls are sesitive with no feedback untill auto-pilot is engaged.Any sugguestion?

Zane and any curious pilots,Well, there is some good news and bad news; FSUIPC seems to be the culprit in my case. I finally got to try out my Queen last night and this morning after updating FSUIPC to 3.7.4 yesterday. The VNAV problem seems to have been mostly cured. There was only one flight out of six that some slight deviation from pitch cues occurred. It wasn't bad enough to cause a stall as long as you kept the flaps at takeoff settings until things ironed out above 4000 feet. At least that's when the AP started to play nice and follow the Flight Director pitch cues. Since you have Vista installed (I'm still with XP), I'm not sure you have the same bug.Zane, since you are running Vista, you should try and update FSUIPC to 3.7.4 and move your old fsuipc.dll, fsuipc.ini and fsuipc.log files into another folder outside of FS9 and put in a fresh new copy of the fsuipc.dll into your modules folder in FS9. The other two files will be rebuilt when you start the sim. You might have better luck than I did since I've changed so many things with this aircraft recently. It did seem to help the VNAV problem. You might want to consider buying the full version of FSUIPC, it will give you more control over your joystick inputs. The link is listed in an above post.However, another bug has reared its ugly head. The A/T has taken to randomly retarding the throttles of either engine 3 or 4 or BOTH to 75% N1, right at VR! Not all the way to idle but just enough to cause you to veer to the right upon takeoff (I don't have the 'E' key assigned to anything). I'm posting a screenshot of my panel during such an occurrence with a lazy engine 4. I decided to continue the takeoff but as you can see, I did not have the AP engaged yet. I had already drifted over the taxiway and was too busy at that moment trying to get a screenshot and keep from hitting anything at KSEA, LOL. I left the A/T engaged to see what would happen and sure enough, power slowly came back up on number 4. After engaging the AP, LNAV and VNAV worked as programmed.I've decided to wipe out and rebuild my entire FS9 setup, since I've bought a copy of UltimateDefrag. Stuff is scattered all over the hard drive and texture load times are getting long. There are some add-ons I'm going to change or delete anyway and it's been awhile since it was installed. Many other programs have come and gone on my hard drive and I suspect one of them is the cause of my recent 747 problems. I will be reinstalling all my PMDG aircraft, the 737NG and the Queen of the Skies (in the proper order if course).Kim

Guest Zane767

Kim,I think you might be right regarding my FSUIPC. I tryied flying VATSIM lastnight (Not sure how FSUIPC effect it but..) and I couldn't see ANY aircrafts around me neither could I hear them. I kept getting the RED Traffic aleart but no dots on TCAS. So I could have a fault with it.Where can I download the new FSUIPC?

Zane,I posted the site link up above but here it is again: www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlThere are good instructions on how to install the new version (3.7.4.0) when you download it. Read my above "reply #16" right above yours for more information. If you have any questions, post here.Kim