Sign in to follow this  
Guest 767nut

PMDG 744 buy & upgrade question

Guest 767nut

I own PMDG's 737NG (600/700/800/900) and would like to buy PMDG's 744 add-on but would need a boxed version as i dont have the internet at home only at college, so does anyone know where i can get 1? it's my birthday soon so hopefully someone else will open their wallet instead :-) But another question is i have only FS9 and cant afford to upgrade my PC for FSX as im still at college and on a weekend wage, but if i get the 744 for FS9 and buy FSX later i know i have to download something to make the 744 compatible but would their be any difference in the realism or graphics as if someone was just buying it to add-on to FSX? it sounds a bit confusing but would be REALLY grateful for feedback

Please sign your real name to your posts - forum rule...www.aerosoft.com for the boxed version. Be aware though that the aircraft requires an internet connection to install regardless because of the validation system. You can install it with a connection and then use it without one, but it must have it for the install itself.If that's the only reason you wanted boxed, I'd recommend just finding a way to get an internet connection on that PC (even a free dial-up thing or something would work) and then getting the download version, it'll save you some money.The 747 for FSX is a separate product with pricing yet to be determined. The way our systems interface with the sim was drastically changed in FSX and it has not been a simple process to update the plane. There will be differences, yes. An entirely new visual model has been built and it has all the FSX bells and whistles like smooth wing flex (this is seriously cool to watch from the new wingviews), much more detailed animations for the flaps, gear, etc, environment and bump maps etc...I'd wait and see if maybe you could use FSX after the SP1 patch comes out this week by the way, it should pretty drastically improve things for most people compared to the 1.0 version and you might find that you can run it if FS9 runs ok for you.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You can also call PC Aviator in the U.S. at 1-800-644-0033 or if you are outside the U.S., call international at 1-843-232-1160. Their website is www.pcaviator.com. I think that they still might have a few copies around.Kim

Guest 767nut

i got the boxed version of pmdgs 744 in june, i installed it and it didnt mention nothing about needing an internet connection, and its working fine,so why would you need a connection? or could something go wrong with the sim?