Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

Effects of Realism settings in FS9

HI AllI have finally taken the 737NG out of the hangar after having solved the FPS lockups at landing (due most probably to the refresh rate locked at 5, instead of 1).Now, I have an other issue to deal with.During final approach, when on the loc/GS with flaps 10/15 and gears down, I reduce the speed further to Vref+5, the actual speed decreases very fast, even dropping below Vref, and eventually recovering. In the meantime, I have dropped the flaps.This effect is not due to the flaps being lowered but rather a very quick thrust reduction. And since it takes time for the turbines to spool up again, the behaviour described above.Is this normal?Has this to do with realism settings which are set to max realism on my set up?How could I increase the autothrottle response time, or the turbines themselves?Thank you and regardsGhiom ViguiePS: texturing of VCI noticed that PMDG seems to have change their style regarding the texturing of the VC. In the 737NG, which I own, the VC's got a "simulator" look, eg, not photorealistic.Form pictures I have seen of the 747 and the coming MD-11, the textures give a much more photorealistic look. Which, you have guessed, I don't like.Can you developp on this?

Thank you for the replyI had checked the Realism settings recommended by PMDG.Please let me know the results of your investigations.RegardsGhiom