Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

FSX SP1 Out...But do I try it now or later?

I say don't walk - RUN to the nearest download spot and get SP1 installed on your FSX machine.Performance is significantly increased on my Core2Duo 6600. Your mileage may vary (esp. if it's an older single-core machine), but there are many changes that improve things visibly.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I second what lefteris said. There is no reason not to get this. Even flying the default aircraft around, I believe you'll really enjoy the improvements. It's more than we could have every hoped for. For me, as of now, I enjoy flying the Aerosoft Beaver around. All sorts of possibilities! As soon as the 74X comes out, that will begin my commercial operations!SP1 gets two thumbs up from AoA!

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

I agree with the both of you. It's just that I having enough trouble with FS9 suddenly and in the middle of trying to clean out my hard drive. That and I NEED the 744! Just out of curiosity, will the 74X require the same system specs as right now or am I seriously going to need a new computer? Or is it too early to tell? Or are you not allowed to tell?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Definitely install it.I got massive gains with it here, the sim is perfectly smooth 40-60FPS with the default planes. Makes the missions and stuff totally fun to do now. Go through all that stuff while you're waiting - the 747-400X will be done before you know it. :)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan-What are your current specs?

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I doubt you'd need a new computer for ANY addon. If you did need a new computer for an addon, it better be dang worth it! In the case of something like the 747, it would be. However, I doubt in the end it will make that huge of an impact.Install FSX+SP1 and have some fun with it. New, awesome addons will be spilling out now that the patch is out.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

>Ryan->>What are your current specs?Now, I don't know much about the hardware of computers so this is the best description I can give:Windows:XP SP2Processor:Intel Centrino Duo 1.66GHzMemory:1014MB RAM (For some reason, only about 500MB is free when idle. less than 250MB with FS9 running and less than 150MB with the 744.)Video Card:Intel 945GM Express 128MBHard Drive:Fujitsu MHV2100BH 90GBThe computer was a graduation present so I didn't have any say in what I wanted. But until about a month ago, I haven't had any problems.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

>Video Card:Intel 945GM Express 128MBThat's massively bad right there. This is a laptop I presume? Integrated Intel graphics seriously suck.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

This looks like a laptop to me...I'd have to say this:FSX runs best on computers with a lot of RAM (2GB preferred) and also a good video board with lotsa memory too (I'm running 512mb on mine).Please give it a try and see how FSX runs with SP1 - we'll be interested to hear your results as well!

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

PLEEEEEASSEEE!! Let us have the Queen. I can't believe my eyes after SP1. To see the Vista MultiMeter with the 2 cores running at 100%, now my Core2 Duo is fully used. Its official: I AM NOT STARTING UP FS9 anymore.please, please, now get me a real plane. I can still play along with the feelthere A320, but its just not the same... I now need a real plane.*P.S. Sorry for the ranting, it had to come out.

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Does today's positive release of SP1 have any impact on the availability of the FSX update for the Queen? Is SP1 something that PMDG needed for this effort?Just curious where the positive SP1 threads leave the Queen..

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest AJ

Just curious. In previous PMDG posts it was mentioned that you guys were waiting for some items from MS in order to complete the 744X. Without revealing anything too sensitive or specific, does SP1 provide you with any of what you were waiting for? I.e. does the arival of SP1 in and of itself bring us significantly closer to seeing the Queen in FSX? A simple yes or no would suffice.Andrew

>This looks like a laptop to me...>>I'd have to say this:>>FSX runs best on computers with a lot of RAM (2GB preferred)>and also a good video board with lotsa memory too (I'm running>512mb on mine).>>Please give it a try and see how FSX runs with SP1 - we'll be>interested to hear your results as well!Well, I went ahead and tried it and in terms of speed I must say it is much smoother. I be honest, I ran fine the first time but now it's amazing. The graphics were blurred beyond recognition back in December though. Now, IT WORKS! So if it has these results on my very modest laptop, I can't even begin to imagine what FSX looks like on your high powered machines.So now that's we've pretty much established that the SP works, I shall quote someone from the release of FSX who put their feelings so eligantly: "I, for one, am just sitting here quietly, in a padded room, wearing a tightly strapped jacket, saying over and over again "need PMDG for FSX....can't fly default crap.....need PMDG for FSX.....cant fly default......"Except for the Glider. That thing's fun!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png