Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

FSX SP1 Out...But do I try it now or later?

Guest samrec

Well, good to hear all that good stuff about SP1 for FSX.I will for sure get it tonight when I get home. should run fine on my 5200+ AM2 with a 7600GT.If I'm not mistaken PMDG was waiting for this patch to be able to really test the performance of their 74X. At least now things will progress somewhat faster.cheers

>I say don't walk - RUN to the nearest download spot and get>SP1 installed on your FSX machine.>>Performance is significantly increased on my Core2Duo 6600.>Your mileage may vary (esp. if it's an older single-core>machine), but there are many changes that improve things>visibly.Hi Ryan,Your thoughts on XP or Vista. If I'm reading Microsoft's site correctly, it doesn't look like the FS DX10 update will be out until later this year. Since Vista is the only OS that will take advantage of it, is it better to wait for DX10 to get full performance, or will the DX10 update just more more for visuals?I guess I'm saying, is FSX SP1 for performance, and DX10 for visual?Thanks,John

John-(Lefteris- not Ryan)the DX10 update for FSX will come later in the fall according to ACES. I'd stick with XP SP2 for now...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest samrec

Keep in mind that FSX do require more from a pc than FS9 does. FSX will run much better on either and AM2 2.2ghz or better as well as on the Core 2 Duo from intel on the same speeds.I run mine on a 5200+ with a 7600GT and 2gb of ram on a 500 SATAII disk that is currently shared with my FS9 and FSX files and their addons apps.

>Just curious. In previous PMDG posts it was mentioned that>you guys were waiting for some items from MS in order to>complete the 744X. Without revealing anything too sensitive>or specific, does SP1 provide you with any of what you were>waiting for? I.e. does the arival of SP1 in and of itself>bring us significantly closer to seeing the Queen in FSX? A>simple yes or no would suffice.>>AndrewA simple yes. :)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest AJ

Thank you very much for the confirmation. Andrew

All these posts saying "I'll check it out when I get home" makes me think that you guys (and any girls) are posting while at work. Naughty! LOL. I wonder how much work is getting done around the world while we wait for PMDG to release new products? ;-)

Guest samrec

Not much I can say on my defense. But it sure does pays to be head of my location IT department, nobody watches the watcher! :D

Has anyone noticed that the wings on the glider don't flex, the elevators, ailerons, and flaps don't move, and the spoilers work but don't show up? I'm guessing it's just me but it worked fine back in December.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png