Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

18MAY07 - General Updates

>Jan->>Did you mean "strong" competition? Or did you mean "market>clutter?">>None of what we've seen go to market or announced for market>looks like strong competition... Looks like "more of the same">to me. :-)>>Balls :-bang Golli.

>Hi,>>Thanks for the news update, I think I can say we all>appreciate it. But can you give a specific estimate as to the>frame rate hit running the 747-400X? For example if your>running 100FPS with default aircraft expect to see 50FPS>etc... Also have you managed to get the mouse scroll wheel>working on the MCP ALT/HDG/SPD windows in the uber-cool VC? It>takes ages to change heading clicking! (and it's a bit jerky.)>:(>>Thanks Again!>Quiller>I on the other hand urge PMDG to keep the: left click=Counter clock and right click=clock wise method as is!! I've even urged other developers to do the same. I hate having to look for the + and - clickspots. Golli.

Andy-This change took place before the website change... You can see in the the "Why not FS9" thread my answer to Brandon's similar question. It should answer your question.In accordance with our long standing policy- no discussion of our business policies will be entertained. I appreciate your cooperation in that regard.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

"None of what we've seen go to market or announced for market looks like strong competition..."Robert, I've been a strong supporter of PMDG for 4 years now but I frankly find the above comment a bit disappointing...Of the forthcoming A320 releases, I see a lot of promise, and to term what has been shown as 'market clutter' simply comes across as petty. Sorry to say it!Please understand that I have a lot respect for you and the company, but the same dismissive comment could have been made of the pre-release marketing for any of PMDG's aircraft, and yet we all know how great they turned out to be, market leaders every one of them!Upon release, ground breaking products speak for themselves above almost all marketing, as you know from personal experience. If your A320 is the best on the table when all the releases are done then hats off to you, you'll have my custom, but your comment suggests an uncharcteristic attitude towards the 'competition' where previously you have shown diplomacy and tact that a lot of others in this industry could learn from.Not having a 'go' here, just hoping to restore some balance!CheersMark

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark!Yes- you got me. :-) (Stop laughing, Ryan!)My comment was actually intended to be a sarcastic opinion to the effect that there are something to the tune of...erm...9 A320 products coming along? (ie: very crowded field but ours will certainly be in the top tier, so we ARE the strong competition!)But I do see how it wasn't as funny if you didn't get my joke. FWIW: Ryan jumped on me (with both jack-boots on!) because I apparently lit a fire-storm of controversy with some folks who thought I was lobbing an insult... I thought he was being over-sensitive (since I knew what I meant, after all, and i'm generally pretty well known to speak very highly of good products on the market- no matter WHO produced it!)but you backed up his point perfectly- so apparently he was right....(Sorry, Ryan!)At any rate- whatever came across wasn't the intended message. I stand corrected!

Fair enough Robert, I appreciate your response, as will others I'm sure.No hard feelings I trust! :-)As for the MD-11 FSX decision, it mightn't suit me personally, but I think you've justified your basis for the decision perfectly.Personally, I'm sticking with FS9 until I can afford the hardware to run FSX with higher frames than I get staring at a newspaper. Rest assured when that day comes I'll be into that MD-11 faster than you can say 'bat', which is of course, the fastest word you can say... (extra points to those who can work out whose joke I just stole)All the best, I'll be watching with interest!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Robin.B

Robert, I think the reason for the initial post about competition is because the strongest competition is slated for release within the next couple of months, which everyone believes will be a lot before the PMDG release, thus reducing the market for an FSX A320.Best Regards,Robin Bilgil

Mark-No, no hard feelings! You "called me out" on a point where I was obviously mistaken. And, honestly- I appreciated the fact that you commented that I don't make a habit of throwing mud- it is a general principle around PMDG that we don't get into that. (At least- we don't intentionally...)When you get around to FSX, I think you'll like the MD, Mark. It's a fantastic airplane!

Guest rafapiloto175

>RULE 12 VIOLATION>>Please take the time to read the forum rules. They are pinned>at the top of the PMDG forum. I read and I can affirm that I didnt offend nobody...I just want from you guys a good, not a marketing, decision to do not make your fs9 costumers a favor?Why???Its not gonna hurt....Please...we are begin to have a good MD11 in fs9...and you guys are our last hope! Reconsider!Remember that we are supporting your company for a long time....and we are asking for 1 favor, just 1!*****************Hi.No, you did not offend anyone. Rule 12 simply requires people who post in the PMDG forum to sign with at least their real first name. We do appreciate your desire to have the PMDG MD11 produced for FS9. However, as Robert stated in his "Why FS9" post (which is pinned at the top of this forum), due to the differences between the two simulators (FS9 and FSX), producing the same product for two platforms (especially one of which will no longer be used by 95% of flight simmers within a year's time) is simply not practical from a development or support perspective.Best,Vin ScimonePMDG

Captains!As many of you noticed overnight, PMDG has rolled out a new website, a new corporate image and a bunch of information about our future product direction for the remainder of 2007 and into early 2008. There are a number of transitions taking place at PMDG, and as we begin to make forward progress on our product lines, we felt that now was a good time to update our image with this new page and new logo!On the site, you will notice that we have divided our FSX/FS9 product lines into two categories, and some additional changes will take place within the eCommerce system to reflect the differences between these two product lines in the coming days.We have mentioned that the PMDG 747-400X for FSX is going into beta testing (it's actually going into beta testing next week, but don't tell anyone...) and we are hoping for a relatively short beta period, depending upon how QA goes. We've had a number of requests for information on pricing and new features- I'll see if we can't compile that information for publication in the next week or so... One thing you can expect as we get closer to release is that we are going to give you some pretty stern warnings on performance expectations. We are running a range of machines here at PMDG- and we want to give you some clear information against which to make a personal preference decision for performance. FSX is a new platform that needs a much stronger machine to get performance similar to FS9. This is nothing new to those of you who have been around for previous FS releases...We have some preliminary page structure for the much anticipated PMDG MD-11 as well. Watch for changes on the MD-11 page starting (i'm guessing here) in about a month. The updates will get more frequent as we roll closer to release!With this full-site update, we are beginning the process of integrating our wiki-based OPS site more fully into the fabric of the main PMDG site. OPS contains a vast amount of problem solving, FAQ and operating knowledge that has been created by the PMDG team, our Technical Advisors and many of you in the user community- so I encourage you to spend some time with it and see what you can find!The beauty of a wiki based system is that you can also contribute to the general knowledge of the community- and we strongly encourage you to do so!Things are beginning to pick up speed again here at PMDG- and we'll let you know how the 400X beta testing is going!

Robin-I'm assuming you are talking about AirlinerXP? If it's good- then it'll be good! It is unfortunate that users always want to see drama between the developers. (and some developers foment this...) We've had folks trying to start arguments between PMDG and LDS for years... Yet behind the scenes I enjoy LDS products, I enjoy a casual "email relationship" with Wade- and I think all of us at PMDG are waiting to see them hit a grand slam with their upcoming 757!Good bunch of guys over at LDS and they bring good things to the community- although I admit to not knowing anyone on the AirlinerXP team...

Sorry if this falls under the "no go"-rule of business model discussions, but what i simply dont understand when reading some of the comments from the community:Do you guys really think that Robert called in his team one day for a meeting to discuss the best way of getting rid of us customers ?!I mean with all the success they've been having so far, why would they make such a decision, knowing that they would upset quite a bit of their FS9-customers ?...they are certainly not blind and knew this would be coming...Don't you think they've discussed each and every possible option to find a way making it happen for us without losing sight of the fact that they are a business in first place ?Do you think they took that decision just for the "fun" of it, knowing that it would lead to this "bashing"-fest, if there wouldn't be a few firm reasons for doing it ?You are a programmer ?Congrats ! But do you work in the Fs-addon industry ? Do you know how exactly PMDG programs their stuff and what tools they use ?Do you have at the same time enough indepth knowledge about real world cockpit and model systems and how to transfer them most realistically into a platform such as FS ?I dont think many do...and if you do, go for it...you won't see me as a potential customer complain about itYou are a businessman ?Congrats again ! Oh, you are good at it even ?...well, you must know your market pretty well then !Do you also think you know the FS-addon-market any better than a company that has been in the business for 10 years and has indepth good relationships with Aces on one hand and probably also the whole airliner business on the other ?I don't think many do...and if you do, go for it...you won't see me as a potential customer complain about itAnyway...the whole reason why i'm writing this: are we going to see any 10 year anniversary celebrations happening this year, PMDG ? :-hahBest RegardsThomas

Guest rafapiloto175

>>RULE 12 VIOLATION>>>>Please take the time to read the forum rules. They are>pinned>>at the top of the PMDG forum. >>>I read and I can affirm that I didnt offend nobody...>>I just want from you guys a good, not a marketing, decision to>do not make your fs9 costumers a favor?>>Why???>>Its not gonna hurt....>>Please...we are begin to have a good MD11 in fs9...and you>guys are our last hope! >>Reconsider!>>Remember that we are supporting your company for a long>time....and we are asking for 1 favor, just 1!>>*****************>>Hi.>>No, you did not offend anyone. Rule 12 simply requires people>who post in the PMDG forum to sign with at least their real>first name. >>We do appreciate your desire to have the PMDG MD11 produced>for FS9. However, as Robert stated in his "Why FS9" post>(which is pinned at the top of this forum), due to the>differences between the two simulators (FS9 and FSX),>producing the same product for two platforms (especially one>of which will no longer be used by 95% of flight simmers>within a year's time) is simply not practical from a>development or support perspective.>>Best,>>Vin Scimone>PMDG Oh Vin Sorry,I miss that But sorry to be an ash*&^%, but how can I touch PMDG hearts to reconsider?ThanksRafael

Guest rafapiloto175

Thats why the World is a mess.. nobody see 1 feet above own nose...!But no problem, maybe some company feel sensible and do a decent MD11 for FS9....who knows?RegardsRafael