Sign in to follow this  
Cpudan80

Message to PMDG

Hello all:First off - let me preface this message with this: This is not meant to flame PMDG or the developers/administrators that work hard to bring us flyers the best quality addons out there. However, this message is meant to draw some attention to PMDG's latest changes; changes that have been buried in other threads; changes that should be brought forward for an open discussion.Now - I've been away from FS for several months - but I finally have some time to get back "in the air" as summer rolls around. So, my first stop was (of course) the PMDG forum to check out the latest updates on the MD11 (and other projects.)When I arrived at the forum - I found two changes that merit an open discussion in the spirit of the PMDG I knew from a few months ago...:=== New pricing scheme ===First off, your new website looks great. However, I noticed that your prices are now listed in Euros. This was a bit surprising for several reasons. First, ya'll were based in the US last time I checked. Second, this capricious change doesn't seem to fit the spirit of PMDG. The change came "in the quiet of the night" -- and has yet to be discussed (at length) by PMDG.Don't get me wrong -- your products are worth every Euro/Dollar/Yen/Rupee we users pay. But, like it or not, the dollar is the "wold's currency" and should hold the same place at PMDG (and all developers for that matter.) Did this change in pricing reflect some organizational change at PMDG? Or was this pricing change simply meant to extract a little bit of extra cash from your user base?Of course I, along with many others I'm sure, will continue to buy your products at whatever price you charge. But, I will just cringe a little bit more as my Visa burns through your credit card processor.=== The MD-11 and FSX ===I must admit that I was a little surprised to see this announcement. Originally, ya'll announced that the MD-11 would be released as an FS9 product, with an optional (paid) upgrade to FSX. I understand that the new features in FS-X are exciting, and thus deserve to be showcased with the MD-11. However, it semes that the problem with the MD-11's release is the length of time it has remained in Alpha/Beta. This can only mean one thing: That the MD-11 will be PMDG's most anticipated (and arguably best) release ever. Unfortunately, this is not a problem for the users. This is a problem with the way PMDG announces upcoming releases. Perhaps ya'll should forgo announcing new products until a release date is almost "set in stone." This would prevent the release "surprise" that we are now experiencing with the MD-11... Just something to think about.------Overall, has my "image" of PMDG changed? No, ya'll still make the best products, while providing the best support and user forum of any developer. I know that when I purchase a PMDG product - the quality and detail will surpass even my highest expectations. Heck, the product will even come with a lengthy manual that will tell me how to do *everything.* (Whether or not I actually read that manual is always a question ;)) However, these recent "announcements" marks distinct changes for PMDG. Changes that, for me, have narrowed the gap (significantly) between PMDG and my #2 favorite payware developer.------That's all for now. Have a great summer -- happy flying!Edit: Typos

Guest andyman

Nope Andy, all that's getting deleted is you for going against our wishes YET AGAIN and for posting links to our competitors on our forum, something you will never see one of us or our beta team do.

If it does - then PMDG has really changed since I began purchasing their products (way back in the days of Fly! and FS2k). But - we shall see.

>First off, your new website looks great. However, I noticed>that your prices are now listed in Euros. This was a bit>surprising for several reasons. First, ya'll were based in the>US last time I checked. Second, this capricious change doesn't>seem to fit the spirit of PMDG. The change came "in the quiet>of the night" -- and has yet to be discussed (at length) by>PMDG.Yeah, this was indeed discussed 'at length' in another thread. Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest andyman

>Nope Andy, all that's getting deleted is you for going>against our wishes YET AGAIN and for posting links to our>competitors on our forum, something you will never see one of>us or our beta team do.Have any particular reason for being very rude to paying customers?

The website looks good but I have one question. When will some of the downloads like the liveries and miscellaneous files be available? It just says the files are coming soon when you hit the links.Kim

Hi Kim,Unfortunately, "soon" is the best we can give you at the moment. We are in the process of bringing all of the web elements back online as we completer the new site look and structure.Top of the list though :)Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Vin,Thanks, at least I saved previous downloaded liveries to my hard drive. Keep up the good work.Kim

Guest andyman

>Have any reason for repeatedly antagonizing and breaking our>rules?Oh look, I modified my signature just for you. :)

>Oh look, I modified my signature just for you. :)Good, so now we can count on you not posting in this forum anymore. :)