Sign in to follow this  
Guest horizonflyer

747 Queen FMC/Navigation Problem

Guest horizonflyer

I have noticed of late, all of a sudden, that when I program a flightplan through the FMC, the heading to a nav point seems to be incorrect.For example yesterday I was flying ORD-BOS, when I was flying direct ALB, the FMC showed my heading should be 090, I kept flying 090 but in FSNav it looked like I was off course, when checking in FSNav the actual heading to get me there was 106.I don't start my flights cold and dark, usually always with everything up and running and I program my flights via the FMC the same way each time I fly, I haven't changed any procedures lately, any ideas?Thanks,Tom

Tom,Did you change the weather settings? Maybe you had a stiff crosswind to your flight path at that time. Check the wind direction in your NAV display next time to see if that's the case.Kim

The aircraft autopilot automatically corrects for winds, just because the aircraft maybe facing 90 doesn't mean thats the direction of travel. Maybe you had strong crosswinds.Jay.

>I have noticed of late, all of a sudden, that when I program>a flightplan through the FMC, the heading to a nav point seems>to be incorrect.>>For example yesterday I was flying ORD-BOS, when I was flying>direct ALB, the FMC showed my heading should be 090, I kept>flying 090 but in FSNav it looked like I was off course, when>checking in FSNav the actual heading to get me there was 106.>>I don't start my flights cold and dark, usually always with>everything up and running and I program my flights via the FMC>the same way each time I fly, I haven't changed any procedures>lately, any ideas?>>Thanks,>>Tomyou shouldn't fly with FSNAV when using PMDG thats pointless and defeats the purpose of the PMDG simulation.>>>>