Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rafa

PMDG 747-400 Spanish Tutorial

Guest Rafa

Hi everyoneI post on this forum because i have not found any other reasonable way to contact PMDG people, so excuse if perhaps you do not find useful at all my post. First i have to say that PMDG products are SO GOOD and i have to congratulate PMDG for being so good making fantastic sim-airplanes.I have forgotten to say that i'm a spanish sim-fan (so excuse again if my english is not as good as i wanted to) that enjoys even more knowing and discovering all the things that a 747-400 can do and all the physics and engineering stuff that lies behind. As a novice pilot (i have flown hardly 25 hours with the PDMG 747) i found interesting to make a tutorial for personal use using the PMDG B747-400 procedures included in the product box to ease and enhance my enjoy of the simulation, but as i gathered more and more information from some tutorials from AVSIM and the PDMG documentation as well i thought that perhaps will be useful for the people who speak spanish as i do, a nice spanish tutorial (at least i try to make it so) to be downloaded from AVSIM. And here the problems arise....Since it was thought as a tutorial for personal purposes, i have translated parts of some tutorials and PDMG Documentation. Currently I'm half way the making of my document, but I would like to know if there would be any possibility for me to find any kind of legal issue (which i do not want to find as you can imagine). I have to say that obviously i do not want to earn any money with that tutorial, only giving the chance to people who is not good using english even can not speak any word of english (which is not difficult to find in Spain :)) to enjoy this superb simulation.Thanks in advance

Hi Rafa:I suppose that you "only" have to ask the author/s for a written permission to do such a thing, and I presume they wil kindly give it without much trouble.De cualquier manera si quieres saber "algo" de aviaci

Which tutorials are you going to use Rafa?Feel free to use mine (Heathrow to LAX).. it's on the British Airways Virtual site here:http://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/747.htmlThere are a couple of others there too that you might want to use... CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest Rafa

Thank you CraigIn fact, i have read two tutorials so far 1. http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/index.htm, which is a brief tutorial but very useful.2. Your tutorial.I have read parts of others as well as PMDG Documentation and i have found that yours is the best. In the others there are parts that you don't cover in yours (which is normal, you were not written PDMG documentation) but you have made a very good work.I have tried to contact you in order to ask you for permission but i think that you have not received that mail. Thank you for your permission, if i get the permission from PMDG people i will remark your tutorial as a source from mine, as it deserves!!By the way, which are the others tutorials that you say?Rafa

Oh.. I'm sorry it probably ended up in my spam filter.. quite a few e-mails are doing that lately.. I'm ashamed to say I rarely check it's doing it's job properly.. Sorry about that..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

FYI The following parts of my tutorial really shouldn't be included as they are wrong.Trim Air explaination...The last step climb really isn't necessary...I would recommend a look at Holger Seilz tutorial too, that's pretty good..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Hola Rafa!You will have to ask Robert about doing anything with our actual documentation, but I think it's kinda cool if you translated it - would certainly allow anyone in Spain or Latin America who doesn't speak English to better use the plane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Rafa

There is no problem with the spam filter.Holger Seilz tutorial will be the next one that i will read. I have another from a German guy (in German, that's the cool thing of being interested in languages ;)) that explains things like the Fuel Jettison system. I am interested in reading about cross wind landings (i have found something in Wikipedia, I have to practise) and weather (I use ActiveSky and it's a good idea to know the METAR system). The problem is that I have not enough time to read all the things that i would like to.Thanks

Guest Rafa

Thank you for asking my post!! I thought i were not able to reach the PDMG people, but i was totally wrong. In fact, I have sent another message to support@precisionmanuals.com explaining my situation (Excuse me, but legal issues scare me so much).Anyway, two things:1. how can i reach Robert?2. I have translated ONLY some parts the PDMG Documentation, basically: a. Chapter 5-Normal Procedures (in fact, the spanish translation of that, which is included in the PMDG 747 cd-box) as a minimum basis of my tutorial. This is a 17-page document and my tutorial is 120+ pages so far. Furthermore, I have changed some things in order to make it easy for me and add things as well.b. Chapter 8-AUTOMATIC FLIGHT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS. I have only tranlasted parts related to AUTOTHROTTLE Command Modes, ROLL Command Modes, PITCH Command Modes, AFDS Command Modes and Autoland Status/Fault Modes. Obviously i have read other parts of the Documentation (i have not read so far all the chapters) and parts of the PDMG Type Rating Course as well and I would use them to background things on my tutorial and perhaps translating parts of them.But i want to point out that i am not trying to translate (or even use it as an inspiration) the WHOLE PMDG documentation. I would remark your documentation as a source of my tutorial and i can even say which precise parts are translation of your documentation including things like "@2006 PDMG".Thanks

Guest Rafa

Hi Jose LuisMuchas gracias por responder. Si al final consigo permiso de la gente de PMDG para hacer el tutorial, me gustar

Hello again Rafa:You are very kind. I will be very glad to help you in whatever I can.Por cierto, al contrario de lo que dices, me parece que tu ingl

Rafa(?)-(Please sign your posts with your name!)Provided that you properlay cite your tranlated passages (which it appears you are already doing) and also provided that the project is not sold in any fashion (which it appears you are not planning to do..) You will have no problems with PMDG at all. Good luck with your project and keep us all informed!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Craig,can you clarify one thing you wrote in your excellent tutorial! On page 72 you write regarding oceanic clearances that "neither MSFS or Vatsim supports this clearance system". But when Shanwick and/or Gander are online on Vatsim you can certainly get Oceanic clarance from them - that is after all what they do besides monitoring during the crossing. Am I misunderstanding something?Anyway, I intend to record an oceanic flight on Vatsim (EDDF-KBOS) with fraps and your and Holger's tutorial certainly will help to get it right. It will probably be HUGE so no way of putting it up for download ;) But thanks a million for your efforts! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Rafa

Thank you very much for your interest.I have not signed my posts because i thought that it was clear that Rafa was indeed my name, but i was wrong, excuse me. "Rafa" is the short way to say "Rafael", just like Mike and Michael.Anyway, since my first baby is about to be born, i will have even less tiem to do it, but i will do my best and I hope that in two or three months will be ready to be downloaded.Thank you very much again.Rafael R. Alegre

Guest kanoasurf

Hi Rafa;I have just read about your project and in fact it is something that I always wanted to do. However to carry on with that task at the level of quality set up by PMDG it's a hard job for just one person. I offer you my disponibility to help you out in traslating and building up a collection of spanish tutorials and PMDG manuals. I'm actually spanish but I live and work in the UK. I have learnt about simulation in english from the very begining so it can be consider my mother tongue aviation wise. I really would like to help you. Please feel free to contact me.CheersAntonio