Sign in to follow this  
ianoakrhind

747-400 ND Range Rings

In Topic #129097, the solution was given concerning Range Rings on the ND. This was to amend the PMDG 747400 Guages file. Okay, I amend the file, save it and the range rings appear on the ND. However, if I change aircraft, the range rings now do NOT appear and I find that the Guages file has reverted to the original text (TCAS_ShowRange Rings=o).Very frustrating.............any ideas?Many thanksIan Oak-Rhind

IanOak-RhindSignature6.png

Hi Ian:I am afraid there is not a permanent solution for the 747, I think it has to do with the panel-state saving function and how interacts with the gauges file. However, in the 737, as it has not that panel-state function, the change will be permanent.Jose Luis.

One thing I tried was, after I had gone into the 747400guages file and set the TCAS range rings to on and saved the file, I changed the permissions of the file to Read Only. After changing the permissions to Read Only I was no longer able to select (or deselect) the Virtual Cockpit and winglets. I traded emails with Mr. Randazzo about this and he said that they would take a look at this issue. Maybe it will be resolved when the FSX version of the 744 is released.Stephen

Stephen Culver - Bartlesville, OK

Many thanks Jose and Stephen.I would have thought PMDG could have sorted this by now. It was never a problem with PSS or PS1 !Anyway, I will try out both of your suggestions.Ian Oak-Rhind

IanOak-RhindSignature6.png