Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hocking

Will there be a new manual released with the new 747-40...

Guest Hocking

I am just curious if there will be a new manual released with the new PMDG 747-400X for FSX. If there is going to be a new manual, how many changes are going to be made in the new manual when compared to the original version that was released for FS2004?Thanks.

Well I imagine that since the 747-400 is the same, most of the original manual will still be applicable.. Detailing the FMC, MCP, EICAS, checklists, flight tutorials, etc etc... Perhaps the addition of some more pages that for example cover holding could be added?Other than that I imagine the only changes will be any configurational changes that make configuring the 747X different to the FS9 version, maybe new configuration menus, different installation routines, that kind of thing..If you've printed out the original manual (like I have) I wouldn't worry, almost all of it will be the same.. I'm not in any way connected to the company, it's just common sense I guess.. Don't know if that helps..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

While I am thinking about this.. The mission section in FSX is pretty cool, could missions be used as tutorial aids for the PMDG products in FSX? If (and I am not sure) you could record voice commentary, or perhaps just display visual text, you could effectively plan a mission for a whole flight, including holding etc.. You could do missions for failures.. and more.. It might be a good "hands on" way of teaching people how to operate these new addons.. This could compliment the tutorial set that's available from PMDG (still needs completing folks.. hint hint.. hehe) and other sources like Speedbirdonline and AVSIM... Might be another really good addon market? A few euros for a set of advanced missions for 747, 737NGX, MD-11 training.. A lot of the newbies would definitely be interested in that, it all compliments the products.CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL