Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnegg

Addon scenery and "Nav 1"

Guest johnegg

Hi all, just purchased the 744 and already love it!!To activate some addon airport scenery (Real CDG) I need to tune "Nav 1" to 112.45. I realise I can enter freq in the FMC Nav Radio page but this doesnt work, in other planes (LDS) the frequency needs to be entered into ILS to activate this scenery but if I try to paste 112.45 into the ILS on the 744 I get the " incorrect Value/format (cant remember which)" message, the ILS area is displaying "Park" before this.Can anyone guide me on this ?ThanksJohnCore2 Duo 66002048 MB DDR160GB HDDNVidia 7950 512mbSaitek Flight SystemHead TrackerRC4AShttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Hey John,If you want to enter ILS frequencies into PMDG's 747 FMC, then you need to supply the runway heading, which can be retrieved from any ILS chart. Example: 112.45/184.Mark

Mark van Wissen

Guest johnegg

Thanks for the reply Mark, I realise the need to enter freq/heading in the Nav Radio page, the freq I need to add is 112.45 but I imagine there is no runway heading related to this "fictional" ILS frequency. Have tried random headings to no avail, I was wondering if there is a way to add the frequency to the Nav database with a heading to allow me to input the freq to activate the scenery ?RegardsJohnCore2 Duo 66002048 MB DDR160GB HDDNVidia 7950 512mbSaitek Flight SystemHead TrackerRC4AShttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Try putting the frequency into both NAV1 and NAV2. This solves this problem for all addon sceneries that I use with the PMDG 744.Dustin

Guest johnegg

Dustin do you have to "activate" the frequency for example by flicking a switch or similar ? and which addon scenery do you use ?I fly from RCDG(Requires Nav1 112.45) and Just Flight British Airports which just need a change of freq in Nav1 and somehow this afternoon I activated the air gate at EGKK but I have no idea how I did this !!Thanks JohnCore2 Duo 66002048 MB DDR160GB HDDNVidia 7950 512mbSaitek Flight SystemHead TrackerRC4AShttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Hi John, I'm not familiar with those sceneries that you are using. I have a few different sceneries that use frequencies to activate jetways. Simflyers works as stated in their manuals. The Imagine Sim sceneries manuals say that you need 111.0 in NAV2. If you do this with the PMDG 744 the jetway constantly moves in and out. If you put 111.0 in both NAV1 and NAV2 the jetway will dock normally. I believe I was told that this has to do with the way PMDG codes their avionics. So all I can suggest is you put the required NAV frequency in both 1 and 2. If this doesn't work try the scenery designer's support forum.On a side note, if you enjoy active jetways etc, I suggest you check out Aerosoft's AES. It makes jetways and service vehicles automatically activate at most payware airport sceneries. No headaches about trying to remember which frequency goes where.Dustin