Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kerosene

Upgrade to F- Version

Guest Kerosene

Hi...I like to upgrade the "Queen" to the freight- version. At the PMDG site it is said, that I need an i-net connection to the PC where I like to install to. Unfortunately, due to performance reasons, my Sim- PC is not connected...ist there an alternative procedure or will I have to stick to scheduled flights...!?Thanks in advance...

Guest Marc Harrington

I'm guessing you have the CD version of the 747 PAX?Unfortunately, the F only comes as an online version so you will need a connection to the internet.The only way would be to wait for the CD version of the 747-400X, as it will include both PAX and Cargo versions.Sincerely,

Guest Kerosene

O.k. thanks for Your answer...so my money will be spent elsewhere...:(

Nameless-you only need the internet connection to validate ONCE. After that, you can leave the PC disconnected from the net.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

What "performance reasons" would cause you to not have an internet connection? Network connections don't degrade performance of the system unless you have some insanely old NIC that uses a lot of host CPU to process the data stream...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Kerosene

As I am a professional programmer, I`m using a selfmade light-version of XP which allows an incredible output boost for my FS...unfortunately it doesn`t allow to connect to the internet...But thanks for Your answers anyway ...

You need to sign your name to your posts by the way - forum rule.I use a light XP install as well and believe me, there's little to no performance to be gained by disabling your internet connection or the relevant services... You don't fly with online weather or use VATSIM? You can't enable the services just to install the plane and then deactivate them again?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Nameless:As a systems engineer - I would concur with what others have said. There is virtually no gain by disabling the background internet services on a modern "FS quality" machine. One could argue that because you don't receive any system updates -- you are actually worse off.Furthermore, if you used N-Lite to actually remove the networking portions of the OS - it will be extremely difficult to just "add them back in" as others have suggested...

Guest Kerosene

Thanks guys...its all a bit different from what You suggest...just forget about it...:)