Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

SIDS/STARS okay 737NG but not 747?

As the title says, I have no problems with SIDS/STARS with the 'NG' but I am getting 'Program Error' when I try to enter them into the 747 FMC.Please help? I also have the 'F' too.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I've seen the program error message but got rid of it by reloading the aircraft or restaring FS. Reloading the flight didn't fix it.Most sidstar error messages will say something like not in database or along those lines. But, I'm not an expert and it could be the sidstars you are using in your case.Does this happen to all locations? Whose sidstars are you using?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan and thatnks for answering, much appreciated.I am under the impression that both the 'NG' and the 747 take their information from the same 'PMDG/Sids,Stars' folder? This what I can't understand? If the 737 is ok why not the 747?I am trying for EGLL STARS. Might even be yours ;-) LOL

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave,Yes they both use the same sidstar files. Really not sure why it'd be working with one and not the other.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dave: Do you get a program error for any location or just a few? EGLL isn't mine, regardless I'm still not sure it is a sidstar causing the error.If you get the error message for any location, at what point does the error message appear?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,I have now got over it by downloading the previous SIDS/STAR text file before the latest from errrmmm 'Navdata'. LOL.I haven't checked my 'NG' yet but assume its the same. I have read that the latest has a bug?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Are you referring to just EGLL or to others? Regardless, I'm glad you found the problem.. I'm just trying to understand if it was just one location or many.If it is just one location, I suggest you contact the author whose name should be in the sidstar text file.You can also get UK sidstars from planepath.com; Terry has put a lot of effort into providing these and is very responsive to problem reports.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well thats all I will be using in future. Thanks for the advice, it's great on here. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png