Sign in to follow this  
psolk

What would convince me to convert to FSX is:

A PMDG 777 ;) For that I would easily pay $80, convert to FSX for good and probably lock myself in the house until PMDG does the 787 LOL...A PMDG 777 would change everything...Just my .02 because you don't have enough business advice yet anyway!-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I concur. If people are willing to pay $80 for some clouds... :-lolDaniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

We'll be lucky. Given the projects that PMDG are working on, even if they decide to do one, it will probably have to be for FS11.It would be nice though, as there are no 777's currently any where near PMDG/Level D standards.

Guest iflyc77

Amen! :D

>I concur. If people are willing to pay $80 for some clouds...>:-lolIt goes both way though. The clouds, weather, and other enhancements you will use for every flight. Unless you fly nothing but the single plane you buy, you won't be using it as much as you would ASX and X-Graphics.

Even if they did announce it, you wouldn't see it for another 5 years. Don't forget, of course, to convert that $80 into Euros.

Guest AJ

You could always go back to PMDG's 777 for Fly!II. For it's time, it was a very nice bird. What's really funny, however, is that I remember a whole bunch of posts in this very forum back then begging desperately for a 747-400.On a more serious note, I don't see what the big deal is with all the clamor for a 777 right now. Wouldn't that be kind of like transitioning from an A340 to an A330? Yes, I know that the 777 has a much more advanced design than the 744, but operationally speaking, the two planes are not so terribly different. The flight deck layouts, the autopilot, and FMC all differ only on a relatively subtle level.Personally I think PMDG is being very smart by doing something totally different (the MD-11) for their next project. I am sure that eventually PMDG will eventually get back around to doing another 777, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it happening any time soon.Regards,Andrew

I think the 777 has a lot to offer.. it's FBW.. the additional features of the FMC and the smart checklist features... Also things like the automatic rudder trimming when you lose an engine.. and the additional MCP commands.. Although similar in some respects.. this is a very modern jet..Doing the Airbus of course means quicker cycles between Airbus aircraft due to the commonality of the cockpit systems. I imagine going from an A320 to A330.. would require less work as a lot of the instruments are already complete and elements of the cockpit from the A320 can just be directly taken.. Airbus is much better at this, I think boeing cockpits do differ quite a lot really from one to the other..The 777 is an excellent choice.. BUT.. what about Embraer? Some of their smaller jets.. Some of those look really good..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Maybe this would be enough to convert some to FSX. Download this over 100MB slideshow presentation (two separate packages) from Avsim lib, pour yourself a glass of wine and watch this combined 30+ mins. of FSX pics enhanced by the ASX product. No one is going to tell me that FS9 can compare with this.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...demos&Go=SearchMichael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest ha5mvo

Thanks for the slideshow Michael,Now I can avoid reinstalling the 4Gb slideshow :)//Michael