Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Difference between 747 for FS9 and FSX?

Will there be any added functionality in the cockpit with the FSX version of the 747? I understand that the lighting system in VC will be more advanced, and being a purely VC flyer I certainly appreciate that, but apart from that? Not that I know what could be improved. Can the weather radar be simulated properly now with FSX? How about that ACARS server? ;)Edit: Paul posted just before me, didn't notice that!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest A32X

No problem Krister, there are quite a few things that 'could be added' to the PMDG 747 however I won't list them here.Paul

While we're on the subject and perhaps the 747 code is open for conversion to FSX, could PMDG attempt to map the stobe lights switch to an assignable keystroke so we can assign a joystick button to it?Just one of the very very few annoiances I ever had with the 747. Understand if its a model-thing and it won't happen, but I thought I would ask as reminder kind of thing.Can't wait for the 747 on FSX... Get errrr dun! :)

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

While in principle I don't respond to "can PMDG do X", I'll make an exception here to say that overhead light switches are now mapped to settable keyboard commands, so you're in luck ;-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Friggin' awsome man! That's good news indeed... :-beerchug

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>No problem Krister, there are quite a few things that 'could>be added' to the PMDG 747 however I won't list them here.>>PaulOh really - please do tell... If you're intending to compare it to an unreleased addon though, then stop right there, that does absolutely does not count. If it's not that though, I'd love to hear it because I think our plane stacks up with anything else out there and has quite a few features and modelings that most people don't even notice because they're under the hood.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I know that the weather system in FSX is the same as FS9 thus rendering the WX radar worthless. But does ASX fix the weather model? About adding something to the PMDG 747, I thought it would be neat if the script for the ACARS could be left so VA's could customise it for their use. That way ATC COMMS could be used for chat and the METARS could be received as well. Also in my VA, we have the option to 'declare' flights. This simply means that we have to update the progress of our flight manually so they know we aren't 'setting and forgetting' the aircraft. Right now we can do this through the kneeboard but it would be really cool to do this through the ACARS.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Ryan,As far as I understand it, ASX just uses and manipulates the core FSX weather engine, it can't change its capabilities.ACARS stuff for VA's is something we've actually talked about doing for a while - that may happen in the future.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest A32X

>>No problem Krister, there are quite a few things that>'could>>be added' to the PMDG 747 however I won't list them here.>>>>Paul>>Oh really - please do tell... If you're intending to compare>it to an unreleased addon though, then stop right there, that>does absolutely does not count. If it's not that though, I'd>love to hear it because I think our plane stacks up with>anything else out there and has quite a few features and>modelings that most people don't even notice because they're>under the hood.Hi Ryan,I wasn't going to compare it to an unreleased addon although their organic simulations looks like the one to watch. I've made a short non-definitive list of things that come to mind. Let me also add a few features PMDG don't model/listed below are modelled elsewhere. ;-) Various FMC stuff missing or inaccurate including Predicted Distance to ETA or Altitude (PRED), EFIS Control Page, Winds page, OFFPATH Des page...FMC units cannot failStatus messages not displaying on the STAT PageBattery/IRS System (eg starting Cold & Dark)IRS failures in flight

Guest A32X

Also before I forget:VNAV (no level deceleration phase)Paul

Guest A32X

Also all the EICAS Messages with the HEAT prefix are missing such as HEAT L AOA, HEAT P/S CAP, HEAT R TAT... I'm guessing the 747-400X will not have anything new added (apart from eye-candy)? The only reason I ask is if so, I'll happily continue to fly the 747 in FS9.Thanks,Paul

Thanks,I do believe some of that is included in the 400F - definitely the VNAV/offpath stuff, I remember testing it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Any shareable information on the ACARS functionality? Will we be able to use it for METAR? Also, I remember reading somewhere that it might also be useable for VAs- is that implemented?It would be nice to have the ATC link enabled for short messages instead of using SB3.Thanks- in case anything can be discussed.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest D17S

ACARS download current winds aloft forecast? (maybe?)

A32x,A most impressive and formidable reply/list. This may be a stupid question but do you have a some connection with the aviation industry?Gerry