Sign in to follow this  
CPA156

Questions Regarding 744

Hey There Guys@PMDG!Brilliant aircraft, the 744 is the only thing i fly! very good job!I just have a few questions:1. How come before I have departed (just after i enter the zfw on the perf page), the ND gives me an estimate for my first waypoint? how is that possible? I thought that it should remain as '----z' before airborn.2. During preperation for the flight, I set my route in the CoRoute box, everything is fine, it comes up, and i am able to check through it on the Plan mode on the ND. In RTE2 i have the engine out procedure and my route going back to the airport if i have any problems on take-off, when i try to go through it on the ND and press the 'Step' button on the 6R LSK, it just goes through the RTE1 plan on the ND. Am I not able to see the RTE2 on the ND to make sure its correct?My question is, no criticism intended, are these right? Thanks very much for your support.

For Question 1:When you enter the all the flight information(CRZ ALT,SPD,ZFW,etc.), the FMC has enough information to estimate you arrival at all way points. You'll also have the estimated fuel remaining on the PROG page before you start up.For Question 2:The LEGS page only shows the active flight plan. Since RTE2 is your alternate, it won't show in the LEGS page.Hope that helps.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

>For Question 1:>When you enter the all the flight information(CRZ>ALT,SPD,ZFW,etc.), the FMC has enough information to estimate>you arrival at all way points. You'll also have the estimated>fuel remaining on the PROG page before you start up.I don't think this is simulated like its real life counterpart, last year i flew LHR-HKG with CX and had the privelege of being able to sit up in the cockpit with the crew prior to departure, i took some photos and the photos i have are taken after all the info you mentioned is entered, but there is no estimate for the first waypoint, it just doesnt really make sense to me, how can the aircraft provide a time estimate? how can it calculate the time it will take to taxi etc...

"1. How come before I have departed (just after i enter the zfw on the perf page), the ND gives me an estimate for my first waypoint? how is that possible? I thought that it should remain as '----z' before airborn."Hi, Patrick.Good point. My memory is a little fuzzy in this regard. I note that a certain other 744 sim paints the information on the ND at approx 100kts. Somewhere in the back of my mind are conditional waypoints and regular waypoints. Not sure if the displays are the same for these (in the real world, I mean)."2. During preperation for the flight, I set my route in the CoRoute box, everything is fine, it comes up, and i am able to check through it on the Plan mode on the ND. In RTE2 i have the engine out procedure and my route going back to the airport if i have any problems on take-off, when i try to go through it on the ND and press the 'Step' button on the 6R LSK, it just goes through the RTE1 plan on the ND. Am I not able to see the RTE2 on the ND to make sure its correct?"Again, another 744 sim has this feature. Seems strange that you would not be able to step through the legs of an alternate route on a real 744.If I get some free time, I'll check it out on the real aircraft.Cheers.Q>

"how can it calculate the time it will take to taxi etc..."Patrick. I recall that the CDU does display estimated times (ignoring taxi time and perhaps assuming that the aircraft is already at the end of the runway ready to take off). The ND, however does not always display the same information. I recall that the CDU displays update as the clock ticks over, even before you have left the gate.Anyway, I'll double check on the real aircraft if I get the opportunity.Cheers.Q>

Guest A32X

A 767 product also draws RTE2 on the 'ND' makes sense anyway...Paul