Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Ryan - nHancer Questions

Ryan,I don't know if you saw my reply in the FSX forum regarding your nHancer usage and settings but let me just say, using 8xS and turning off transparency AA among your other settings has made FS9 and FSX the best it has ever looked on any of my rigs. Thanks again. I do have two quick related questions that I hope you can answer as well.1) After installing nHancer, does it have to be uninstlled or reinstalled when upgrading Nvidia video drivers?2) What, if anything, do use with the later Nvidia drivers to overclock your video card? In the past I had used the coolbits registry hack but it doesn't appear to be capatable with the newer Nvidia control panel GUI. Do you have any recommendations or overclock settings you would like share as well?v/r,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Al,Glad the settings are working for you! A ton of people buy these video cards and just leave them on the default settings...1. It depends, if there's major changes to the driver, there will usually be a new version of nHancer out. But usually no, it just has to rebuild its database of profiles after you install a new driver (and it even saves your stuff so that you can insert it into the new driver's nvapps.xml too)2. I actually have an XFX 7800 GTX that's factory OC'ed with an oversized HS/fan on it, so I've never actually tried manual OC'ing. I believe Nvidia's nTune app can do OC'ing with the newer driver however.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thaks for the info Ryan, I'll give nTune a looksee...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Where is this program, have I missed something? :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

I'm glad to see this thread, although it probably should be on the hardware thread. I've had nHancer for a while but not sure as to how to configure it for FS9.I assume that in the 'application' window I need to put something like FS9 and then in the 'executables' window my FS9.exe file. Is this correct?Then what goes into the 'summary' portion of the 'application' window? And, which settings are suggested as a starting point? And one more, what is 8xs mode?Thanks for the help.Jim

Jim,Yeah here's what you do:1. Under the Profiles list, click Add and name it FS9.2. Hit Add next to the executables list and browse to your fs9.exe. This is telling the nvidia driver what application to look for to trigger the settings.3. The Summary is just a quick glance way of telling you what that profile is set to. It will fill with things as you select settings on the right side of the program with the profile selected.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Ryan, I'll start working with it. But I'm missing the answer to the last questions in my post, e.g.; "which settings are suggested as a starting point? And one more, what is 8xs mode?"Jim

Nothing beats reading the manual.....The explanation of 8xS is near the bottom of this page: http://www.nhancer.com/?dat=d_AA#coverageCheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Thanks for the thread referral, but, all applys to FSX. While I have FSX (still in the box) I'm still using FS9 as I am happy with it and not yet ready to go through all the hassels of setting up FSX along with the payware and freeware I have.So what I'm needing is how to apply the settings of nHancer to FS9. Or, which of the suggestions already given apply to FS9?Jim

I set my FS9 nHancer profile up with the same settings now being used for FSX. The only difference being, in FS9, you can use the slider-bar in the game to adjust mipbias to 6 rather than edit the FS9.cfg file directly.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Haven't been flying now for 2 months since I moved and have been working on the place. So haven't set up my sim. I'll keep all this filed so I can refer to it when I'm ready to resume flight.Jim

>I set my FS9 nHancer profile up with the same settings now>being used for FSX. The only difference being, in FS9, you>can use the slider-bar in the game to adjust mipbias to 6>rather than edit the FS9.cfg file directly.mipbias won't do anything with the clamp setting on. That's specifically what Clamp does - stops the game from negatively biasing textures - you don't need to do that with high levels of AF on...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg