Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Information on pricing and new features

Guest A32X

HiAny news yet? (c.f. 18MAY07 - General Updates) Will we see Speed Stability Trim for example?Regards,Paul

Guest A32X

bump.Paul

Paul,Can you provide some more info on exactly what this feature is? I'm not familiar with it... I'll pass it along to the devs though if you can explain it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

All in good fun of course; but is that like 'speed sensitive steering' found on cars?? :-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest A32X

It's the reason Boeing have Stabilizer Trim Cutout switchs and Airbus don't. :)Paul

Paul,I'm serious here - can you explain what it is you want to see? We'll look at implementing if you can...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest A32X

There's plenty information on Boeing's Funky Speed Stability Trim. Just check the internet, places like pprune etc....Paul

Guest D17S

I can't find anything either, but it sounds like a very standard Mach Tuck system. As airspeed increases, a swept wing aircraft will tend to 'tuck' its nose (Pitch down). Swept wing aircraft have always had to deal with this aerodynamic reality. I had to change a KFIS PTA (Kolhsman Flight Instrument System's, Pitch Trim Actuator) the other day and what a PiTA is is too (ran out of new guys, bummer). This will be a Smithsonian Air and Space Museum display piece soon, but for now it's still the system used to counter mach tuck in a DC8. The PTA is an electrical actuator bolted directly to the FO's control column (under the floor). The KFIS chassis is the brains of this little operation. It's under the Capt's brain bag shelf. What a nasty, coffee encrusted place that is! Some times you gotta chip it out with a putty knife. It has pitot/static lines screwed into it and provides its own ADC (air data computing) function. When it see the airplane zooming along at some mach, it tells its actuator to "Pull, 'ittle doggie, Pull!" The control columns physically move back. A little pole comes pokin' out of a tube bolted to the side of the FO's column as a visual indicator the system is working. Can you believe it? Really, how could I possibly make this up! This same function is still needed today. But thankfully, it's all part of automated pitch trim systems. 1960 KFIS = 2007 Speed Stability Trim? Sounds right. Heck, I don't know.

Guest SuperGrover

Can't find anything on this Paul. Maybe you could explain it, otherwise seems like the answer is no, it won't be a feature of the NGX.Matt.

Guest D17S

I think you're on to something there, Dr. Watson.

Guest Steve_Park

>Hi>>Any news yet? (c.f. 18MAY07 - General Updates) Will we>see Speed Stability Trim for example?>>Regards,>PaulIs there any thing that can be printed yet about the pricing on the FSX updates and features that was mentioned in this May 18th release as "coming in a week or so"....or is SO not here yet? :-doh Steve Park