Sign in to follow this  
popolmarcel

question to PMDG team and call for 737 builders

Hello dear PMDG programmers, I think a lot of people is very glad to see your 737NG series for FSX announced.I'm one of those...Of course the very high quality of your add-ons is very much appreciated by the simmers community.There have been rumours on the net, telling that maybe the FSX version would provide more possibility for cockpit builders to interface hardware knobs with the functions of your plane, like keyboard commands for all the functions or another way like an sdk ...As you know there is a fast growing community of home cockpits builders, especially for the 737 because it is the most documented and supported plane (and one of the most agrable to fly).As you also know this community is still (cruelly) lacking of a completely functionnal 737 easy to interface with hardware panels, and more specially, custom made harware panels like opencockpit's ones.There is no one doubt that your 737 would be the ideal one, with a strong demand for it, if you could do something to meet the needs of cockpit builders.Things like keyboard commands for all the functions as a payware option for example, would keep you from revealing programming secrets, would meet a very strong demand and there is no doubt that it would generate for you a big market if the price for such an option could be moderate.Because actual high price is probably a major problem for cockpit builders when considering to buy things like plug and play CDUs for example, compatible with the PMDG 737NG.I invite all potential buyers for such an option to answer this post to show the large interrest for it in the community.I also hope that this post could find a positive answer from you to this expectation.Best regards, Popolmarcel.

Hi,It's really too early to talk about specific features on the NGX. We know cockpit builders would like a fully accessible interface to the data though and I'm sure we'll consider it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi, Thank you for quickly answering.This could give hope to a large community and make the NGX the n

I really want this PMDG 737NG for FSX. Just goint nuts waiting.

Guest sunbear

I also can't wait for the 737 since this is the aircraft that will be with us for another 20 years long after the 747 is retired.jack

I really hope, you will consider such interface possibilities for all your new FSX products, specially the B744. Interface is not just key commands for switches, but of course also interaction with LED's.Really looking forwards to it, because at this moment there isn't any good complete alternative. Now we have a beautiful cockpit, build with parts as realistic as it can, but with an airfile and logics which are behaving not as the real one . When I fly then with PMDG B744 on my single pc, you can imagine how frustrated that is ;), when you see how nicely he is behaving.The B737 is now so popular with builders, simply because the old PMDG B737 airfile is still usable together with PM software. Unfortunately, due to its high complexity and degree of realisme, the B744 airfile can't be used together with any of the know cockpitbuilders interface/ system software.I know PMDG did already a big job with the interface programs/drivers for the Aerosoft MCP747 and Engravity CDU's, but a cockpit is a lot more than the MCP and CDU. If a program could be developped where you see the variables/offsets available when you hover over the panel, so that they can be used in the interfacecards, it would be heaven on earth for us. That we therefore should pay a considerable amount of money, is just normal.I really hope that PMDG together with the extra FSX figures, will give me that realisme once in my cockpit. If I could be of any help, I would jump on the first available aircraft to Athens ;) ;)B. rgdsMichel

Thanks Michel for completing my post.I have no knowledge in programming so I can't imagine what amount of programming time it would need to complete such a request.But on the other hand it is sure that there is a very very fast growing community of cockppit builders around the world now, and that there is also an evident and absolute huge lack of interfaceable airplanes models that could be used for a cockpit-building purpose, whether they would be 747 or 737.No doubt that the first one to propose an add-on that would meet those needs would also meet an enormous demand in the market and be assured to success.I am absolutely sure that a lot of cockpit builders are ready to pay for example for an option that would give them access to the interfacing of the switches and displays of their PMDG.PMDG's ones are the best in conventional simulation, with accurate systems and behaviour.A lot of people are waiting for a way to connect those excellent planes to their hardware cockpits.Please, PMDG team, give us this opportunity and take us to paradise ... :)popolmarcel

Hi all,Its been over 3 months since this post was first listed. Has there been any decisions regarding an SDK?thanksGraham

Graham,We're focused on the 744X and MD-11 first. Won't be any feature announcements on the NG 2.0 for a while. Like I said, we know people want this functionality...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest sunbear

>Just to add my name to the list of customers who would like>this functionality on the 737 NGX.>>Cheers>>RenzoNot only would I like the functionality, but I'd also like to see a 737 NGX (period).Ciao,jack

Just to add my name to the list of customers who would like this functionality on the 737 NGX.CheersRenzo

Bill Miller

Guest jarrodc

I would also like to register my interest. First of all I would like to congradulate PMDG on a great product with both the 744 & 73 NG series. Why do people buy it - because its a darn good product. On the otherhand why are looking for alternataves - because it is difficult to interface with it. For exapmple - I am a growing enthusiist in the simming world, and have several goflight modules. I have been reading these forums to find an answer to interfacing my PMDG 744 & 73 NG to my modules. The simple fact is I cant. I was recommended on one post to look at the Level D 767, and after more research using a third party program - all my modules work perfectly. I am not taking anythnig away from Level D because it is a very good product as well. I am demonstrating - that if I had the flexabpility to use my hardware with PMDG, I wouldnt of even considered Level D. This is what will be costing you sales PMDG team, as in all these forums - people are screaming out for some ability to increase some functionability. You build a very good product, why limit it to a desktop, keyboard & mouse ? On one hand you are saying its the most realistic simulation - and I agree, it is, but on the other hand the true realism is taken away by being limited to a moust to operate most of its functions.In most reply's you site the protection of your software as reasons for not offering offsets. I support you wholehartidly on this as you have a great product to protect. Why not then further expand out your ability through custom setting's to let FSUIPC then map a key sequence to a switch. Far from ideal as this generally will not interface back to the switch (lighting LED's etc)but its a start. This will launch your product from the desktop program to a simulator. The other option is dare I say it as you would be sick of hearing about it a SDK. We all know the reasons why you wont even look at it, but commercially by not doing it I think you are costing yourselves sales. Level D have done it - and I dont think they regret it.Anyway they are my thoughts for what its worth, and I hope they are looked on constructavely and taken on board by PMDG as postiave feedback outlining what your customers would like.RegardsJarrod ClowesAustralia.