Sign in to follow this  
Guest minnymike

Just a Chicken and Egg question?

Guest minnymike

Will there be an install order for the products?

Guest minnymike

well i guess this is not an important question for us novices.

Guest andyman

1. 737-600/7002. 738-800/9003. 747-4004. 747-400 service pack (if necessary)5. 747-400F 6. 747-400F service update (if necessary)7. 747 sound updateThe Beech 1900 c/d can be installed at any time.

I am assuming he means install order for upcoming FSX aircraft (eg 747-400X, MD11, 737NGX etc)Jay

No, those aircraft are built with the newer install method and it will be able to avoid overwriting newer files... (ie if you buy the MD-11 after the NGX)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest minnymike

why not isolate the dll's for each product with unique names so they aren't conflicts with the installation process!

>why not isolate the dll's for each product with unique names>so they aren't conflicts with the installation process!I'm confused at what you're getting at here. There won't be any conflicts during installation with the new stuff.

Guest minnymike

ok a little chart-----------------747x gauges - all unique737ng gauges - all uniquemd11 gauges - all uniquemodules/dll - shared using the same name (propably)each installer loads the same module/dll with same name one over the other over writing the older with newer. now when you uninstall one of the addons my bet dlls/modules that the other addon will need might be removed. (probably)what i meant by isolate is--------------------------pmdg747x_what_ever.dll(s)pmdg737ng_what_ever.dll(s)pmdgmd11_what_ever.dll(s)this way when either one of the addons are removed it wont disturbe the other.just my idle thoughts