Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jani Salo

C++ error with the 737NG and 747-400

Guest Jani Salo

HiRecently after installing Microsoft Office 2007 I have beeb getting a weird C++ error when flying the PMDG 737NG and 747-400.first I get this error and FS2004 turns black:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173214.jpgThen the sim crashes to desktop and I get this error:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173215.jpgAnyone know what might cause the error and is there a fix for it ? It annos me because I get it everytime I try to fly the 737NG or 744. The error usuall jumps right after takeoff. thanks in advanceregards, JaniHelsinki, Finland

Dear Jani-I wish we could help you, but this isn't an error that occurs inside the 737NG or 744 code... you'll notice it occurs inside 'facilities.dll' which is an internal FS9 dll.I would first try to retrace your steps back to before this happened and if it doesn't work, I'd suggest you reinstall FS9.1 and then your addons.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

It is not unusual for the latest MS Office and IE to change system dll's and ocx's to gain "dual" operating system advantages. There have, for example, been a few reports of some IE7 versions breaking other applications.Since in order for PMDG to function with FS outside of FS API restrictions using normal C++ libraries, maybe one of the system API calls generates the error.I suspect the C++ libraries have been updated.It is not unusual for the crash detector to list an .exe or .dll when the actual problem is further down in the dependency chain :) .A reinstall of FS9 followed by the patch "might" restore the stuff that facilities.dll depends on but might break Office 2007.Only MS and the debug dump can tell.