Sign in to follow this  
Dilip

Help using the FMC in PMDG-747

I need to know how do configure a flight in the FMC. Ice completed this tutorial http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/ and in that one i download a file and put it in the flightplan folder. But when i was finished with that i wanted to make my own flight. I started up and typed in KLAXKSFO001 at the Co Route place. It said "Not in database" And nothing more happend. How am i supposed to make my own flightpatch using the FMC? Do i have to create my own one of theese files that i put in the Flightplans folder? How? Why? Is there any other ways i can do it?Pleease help me. I really wanna know how to do this.

If you want to create a flight from KLAX to KSFO for example, go into the FMC and enter all your route information by hand in the route page and any SIDS and STARS you want to use for each airport in the arrivals/departure pages. Then set up all the way points you will use en route as well and clear all discontinuities. After you activate your route, press RTE COPY key and the route will be saved as .rte file in the PMDG flightplans folder called KLAXKSFO001. Next time you want to load that flight, just type that into the scratchpad and upselect it to the CO ROUTE field and your flight plan will be loaded and you don't have to reenter all that information again for future flights. You will still have to enter all of your flight data in the POS INIT and PERF pages though.If you want a really good tutorial for the PMDG 747, get Holger Seilz's Lufthansa Flight 454: Frankfort-San Francisco from the Avsim library. You'll get a very detailed instruction with the 747, including FMC procedures.Kim

>I started up and typed in KLAXKSFO001 at the Co>Route place. It said "Not in database" And nothing more>happend.Hi there,Some hints : * make sure you do not confuse the letter "O" with the number "0" !* Make sure you have copied the file in the right directory !* Make sure you retype the filename correctly !Eventualy go into the Flightplan folder, rename the file (i.e. delete the "001" or someting else you will not mistake) and try again.Hope this helps ...

Im doing exactly what his doing in video below. but still stuck at CoRoute place.It said "Not in database" i type everything correct at origin i type KLAX and dest i type KSFO but when i type KLAXKSFO001 at CO ROUTE at say "Not in database".

I'd appreciate anyone that could help me.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here so I will give you a full explaination and I'm sorry if I repeated things you already know.First the CO ROUTE function of the FMC is for flightplans that are recorded within the FMC database. Different companies use different routes and BA etc will have their routes preloaded with a book with the details of their respective names and the corresponding flight plans.When you type in something and enter that into the CO ROUTE.. you are effectively asking the FMC to .. "go dig this flight plan out of your database" .. If that flight plan is not present in the database you will get the NOT IN DATABASE error.So how do we get flight plans into the database? Well there are two methods:1 - Fill out the route page followed by the legs pages and once completed and activated, on the main page select RTE COPY, and a message will appear on the scratchpad saying xxxxyyyy001 SAVED (xxxx being departure airfield, yyyy being desintation airfield).2 - Use a program like FSBuild and then export the completed flight plan to the PMDG format.If you wish to check that either of these have been successful, open the FLIGHTPLANS folder within the PMDG folder and verify the filename exists. When entering the pre-saved plan into the FMC, ensure you enter the complete filename bar the .rte extension.I hope that helps you.CheersCraigPS.. even when using a CO ROUTE.. CHECK the plan.. it's good practice to just run through it and verify it..

Craig Read, EGLL

Thanks for your prompt and speedy help. I got it now. i did figure it out what im doing wrong. :-)