Sign in to follow this  
Jure

Wing Views for PMDG 747-400 (FS2004)

Guest chris493

Hi all,Is it possible someone could make wing views for the PMDG 747-400 (FS2004 version). If possible could they possibly be viewed in COCKPIT view and NOT virtual cockpit.ThanksChris

Guest chris493

Please Reply with an answer as soon as possible.

Since the crew cannot see the wings from the cockpit they are not provided by PMDG.

Dan Downs KCRP

PMDG refused to do this with FS9 but apparently have relented with the 747 FSX verson as a result of posts like yours. Don't know why it was so hard as the LDS 767 have had these third party add ons for a while and they work wonderfully well.Gerry

<>This was simply a compromise between features and performance. If we added the thousands of polygons that make up 2 wings, the extra couple of megabytes for high resolution textures, 4 engines, 14 control surfaces and 86 moving parts, there would those who would be screaming at us for including it and hurting performance. How could we commit such a travesty? After all "I fly from inside the airplane". (You've all heard it before)Then there would be another group screaming at us to create a hide feature for these highly demanded views.Then there would be another group screaming at us, wondering why we didn

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest chris493

would it be possible to make a one off file with some wing-views in it and just let people download the file freely? Also you wouldn't need to make them too detailed.And why do PMDG refuse to make wing views for the 747-400 but made some for the 737-600/700, 737-800/900 and Beachcraft B1900c/dAnd i'm pretty sure that if it is possible on FSX then it is possible on FS2004. The frame-rates and performance specifications arent that much better than from FS2004.Thanks for your help.

Guest chris493

Could you not possibly save 6 wing views, of the PMDG 747-400, to a file and then send me them?If so could there be 3 on each wing:1 looking out onto the leading edge and over the engines (left and right wing-sort of like the second pic u have attached, but slightly lower)-Like the one on the PMDG home page that says "Enjoy the View" on it.1 looking over the main part of the wing (middle of wing-left and right wings again)and 1 looking just behind the trailing edge of the wings (left and right wings again)I would be greatful if you could.Many Thanks Chris

Guest chris493

Can anyone possible make good quality wing views for the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies? If so could there be 3 on each wing:1 looking out onto the leading edge and over the engines (left and right wing-sort of like the second pic u have attached, but slightly lower)-Like the one on the PMDG home page that says "Enjoy the View" on it.1 looking over the main part of the wing (middle of wing-left and right wings again)and 1 looking just behind the trailing edge of the wings (left and right wings again)Could someone PLEASE attempt it because I love to see the giant wing of the 747 and there isnt any good wing views for the Project Opensky 747-400 either.I would be greatful if you could.Many Thanks Chris

Guest johan274

Chris arent you asking to much now?

Chris,the freeware recorder module, file name: recorder_1-3.zip here at Avsim library by Matthias Neusinger will do the job. You can have as many wing views as you wish for. Wing views, gear views,... from any angle, any position, actually. Well worth the money (freeware). :)EDIT: these wing views can be accessed from SPOT view, not COCKPIT or VC. Regards,Jure

Guest chris493

BRILLIANT!!!!!Thanks very much!!Chris

Guest chris493

Hi,I cannot get the recorder to work properly (getting the camera in the correct spot). Do you have the PMDG 747-400?If so could you not possibly save 6 wing views, of the PMDG 747-400, to a file and then send me them?If so could there be 3 on each wing:1 looking out onto the leading edge and over the engines (left and right wing-sort of like the second pic u have attached, but slightly lower)-Like the one on the PMDG home page that says "Enjoy the View" on it.1 looking over the main part of the wing (middle of wing-left and right wings again)and 1 looking just behind the trailing edge of the wings (left and right wings again)I would be greatful if you could.Many Thanks Chris

I'll give him 10/10 for persistence ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest chris493

I know,I just really want wing views for the PMDG 747. I was a little disappointed that there wasnt any included. I was even more disappointed when I found that nobody had made any and put them on AVSIM.

Guest visualchaosfx

>I know,>>I just really want wing views for the PMDG 747. I was a little>disappointed that there wasnt any included. I was even more>disappointed when I found that nobody had made any and put>them on AVSIM.You want wing views? Buy The DBS walk and follow. I just bought mine a couple of hours ago and you can have any view you want. Landing gears, wing views. If you fly the A380 you can simulate the camera views such as the cam positioned on the tail fin and the cam positioned below the belly of the jet. Its friggin sweet.