Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

help with the WXR and DATA buttons

>When i first flew the PMDG 747 on FS 2004 I thought WOW its>actually got a real working weather radar! And just yesterday>I read this subject and I thought hang-on...how do I have it>for free but knowone else does?Just lucky I guess. Where did you get your 747 from? If you didn't get it directly from PMDG, maybe the version you got had the WXR added in. Now what's this Reality XP hack I heard about?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest chris493

I got my PMDG 747 from Amazon brand new so I dunno!Just lucky i guess

WX Radar is not modeled in the 744 FS2004. The WX button is INOP. Must be getting it another way.

The hack is for the 737NGs which includes all models using the 800/900 panel. A slightly earlier version of the Reality-XP WXP-500 is required. Two special files are needed as are some supplied panel.cfg files. It works best with the panel.cfgs for the VCs.Neither vendor supports the hack as it is strictly unofficial. In the Reality-XP forum there is/was a link to the earlier version to be installed over the current version to enable the patch to work. So you purchase and license the current version and install it in one aircraft - not PMDG - to check it out. Then you can install the hack.It has already been posted in this forum by PMDG why they are not offering any weather radar gauge.

Guest chris493

Well I dont know how I've got a fully working WXR and nobody else does. I have searched my computer loads of times now and I'm 100% positive that I dont have any add-on Weather Radars.

I'm still waiting patiently for a screen shot. ;)

Guest fjshepherd

And me...

"Well I dont know how I've got a fully working WXR and nobody else does. I have searched my computer loads of times now and I'm 100% positive that I dont have any add-on Weather Radars."The answer is easy. Either you do have some sort of addon, or your confusing the PMDG 747 with something else. The PMDG 747 is not modeled with weather radar.I only say this to make it clear to folks wondering why their WXR button doesn't do anything. It's not supposed to (on this sim). This is pointed out in the manual (page 7-17).

Guest chris493

Nope its definitely the PMDG 747-400. I'll try and get a pic as soon as possible.

Guest HeavyMetal

Personally I think Chris needs to share whatever it is he is smoking. That is the only way to get WX to work in the 747.. Great jokester he is...------------------------------------------------------------------Joe"It's not the fall that kills ya. It's the sudden stop at the end"http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gif

Guest Flyin Willy

>I have weather radar but its from the reality xp weather>radar hack that puts it in the NDCan you tell us what the reality xp radar hack is? Is is part of the Flight Line Wx500? Reality xp doesn't mention any of this on its products page.I would LOVE to have WX working on the 747! For me this is the only big minus with it.Chris

Guest fjshepherd

And me... Otherwise it's a lovely product.

It is NOT sanctioned by either PMDG or Reality-XP. Search the Reality-XP forum for the thread since they do not ban the information but take no responsibility for its affects.No resources other than their earlier WXP500 version link were supplied. You might try that link to see if it still exists.

>Nope its definitely the PMDG 747-400. I'll try and get a pic>as soon as possible.I'm really looking forward to this. This is the most enjoyable post I've seen on any forum for a long time :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I also have a working radar. I just put AddThingy=1 in the cfg and it's there.Actually I agree with you Gavin. Looking forward to the screenshot! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------