Sign in to follow this  

Help! Joystick won

Hello all,since yesterday I have a weired problem: My Joystick won

I am by no stretch an expert, but one thing you might try is to Delete your FS2002.cfg file and restart the flight sim and let itrebuild it. Maybe it got corrupted somehow. It has been known to happen.Hope it helps,Glen

Glen,I did that with no result.The problem is, in the opening screen of FS2002 where you can modify all the things there is no Joystick found. It shows "Joystick activated", but when you go to the menue "Joystick forces", it shows only the keyboard, so I think FS2002 doesn

doesnt, and have no plans to implement a work around:Check this post at simhq:http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bb...TML/013165.htmlMaybe if you uninstalled the software, reboot, allow Windows to detect the hardware and then just point the driver installation to the location of the drivers on the install cd, rather than running the installer from the cd's setup.exe?I still use mine under Win98SE - love the old thing.PH

Phil,it works under XP, I can use it all the time for other games, only FS2002 doesn

Ah - we are typing at the same time - have amended my above post - check my suggestion above - otherwise out of ideas -good luck.PH

...and other games recognise it and 2K2 doesn't!!?? - sheesh.Um, it appears in your gaming devices window - and and can be configured. Well, I can only think of an uninstall of the Sidewinder software - perhaps 2K2 will take a fresh look at gaming devices registered and grab hold of it after that.PH