Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

PMDG 747 Autopilot Problem

I have a frustrating intermittent problem engaging CMD A autopilot after take-off. This problem is only experienced with the PMDG 747. I have no problems with the PMDG 737.Having set-up the plane, including FMC, for T/O, after getting airborne, and with the FD, autothrottle, LNAV and VNAV enagaged, the autopilot CMD A will not enagage. Well, sometimes it will, and sometimes it won't but if you've spent an hour preparing for T/O and then find the whole flight has to be aborted because of this problem, it is very annoying.For the record:1. I have tried re-installing and without success.2. I have installed the updates.3. No other program is using the "A" keystroke.4. I have checked that the 747 is configured to use the "A" keystroke.5. I have FS2crew installed but I am sure the problem is unrelated to this program as it does not use the "A" keystroke.I have found that if I change planes, from the 747 to the 737 and then back again to the 747, I can then engage the autopilot.The problem with finding the cause is that the problem is intermittent but if anyone has experienced similar issue, I would be glad to hear from them.GrrggghhhRenzo

Bill Miller

Um, there is no CMD A in the 744. There's only L,C, and R. Also, FS uses "A" to tune the ADF. This may be the culprit. Also, doesn't FS2Crew enable the autopilot? It does for me. If I enable it myself, I click on it. It always works.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest D17S

You might check the PMDG drop down menu. There are lots of functions there. If "AP engage" is there, assign it to the "A" key. Maybe that'll give that AP a double whack. If that doesn't work, bash the dash a couple of times. Had a go-around switch that wasn't working once on a 742 (IRL). Banging that throttle home a couple of times fixed it right up. Went ahead and deferred it, but at least the pilots could try to use it till we got that switch changed. That thing's a bugger. Thank goodness for those R&Es.

I think I have found the cause of my problem. Conflicting keyboard assignments between my CPflight MCP and FS2crew.Thanks for input anyway.Renzo

Bill Miller

Guest Varun3087

POD652 ..(Renzo) .. i have d same issue wid he 747 AP cmd switch .. cud any 1 plz help ..

POD652 ..(Renzo) .. i have d same issue wid he 747 AP cmd switch .. cud any 1 plz help ..
Make sure that your engaging after you reach 1000 feet

I don't engage LNAV or the other autopilot commands until after activation the autopilot. Try that.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator