Sign in to follow this  
TC9

737: Glideslope and Flaps Problems

Hi, I have a few questions - 1) After the glideslope is captured, AP 1 and 2 are set, APP set, etc, and the plane is descending fine, it suddenly disactivates. 2) I'm told that during approach, I'm going to see green markers indicating when to extend the flaps. This is not so. I only see the green marker for UP. I have gone to APPR REF, and selected the flaps configuration.3) APU - After both engines are started, I turn off the APU. I get a whole bunch of RED warnings: Low pressure for fuel, yaw damper turns off, etc.Any ideas? Thanks. Todd Chan

Guest RoSPA_David

Todd, you need to turn on the Generators, located left and right of the apu and then the probe heat after engine start. You can then turn off the APU. Although i do it during taxi. just a thought, but when you start the apu, are you turning the bleed on and the iso valve to open ? Not sure what you are reffering to when you sate"it suddenly disactivates". Do you mean the auto pilot deactivates or that the app light extinguishes? Are both auto pilot A & B still illuminated? David

Hi, Todd!>Hi, I have a few questions - And here are a few answers. Hope it helps.>1) After the glideslope is captured, AP 1 and 2 are set, APP>set, etc, and the plane is descending fine, it suddenly>disactivates. Did you do anything when in glideslope? Any yoke movements? Any key-presses? How did you notice that the AP had disactivated? The light in the APP button went off?>2) I'm told that during approach, I'm going to see green>markers indicating when to extend the flaps. This is not so.>I only see the green marker for UP.You were told correctly. And what you have seen is correct too. At start you'll only see a marker for FLAPS 1 (that's the "UP"). After the speed indicator passes the "UP" mrkaer, select FLAPS 1. Then a marker for FLAPS 2 appears on the speed tape (it will look as "1"). When the speed drops below that marker, select FLAPS 2 - the next marker will appear. And so on. The markers just do not appear all at once like in the Airbus planes. The rule is to select the NEXT flap position when the speed passes the indicator that shoews the CURRENT flap position.>3) APU - After both engines are started, I turn off the APU. >I get a whole bunch of RED warnings: Low pressure for fuel,>yaw damper turns off, etc.Check whether the engine generators on the overhead panel are on. Turn them on, monitor the APU GEN lights extinguish and then switch the APU off.Have fun flying!