Sign in to follow this  
Guest marcPMDG

747-400X Lufthansa Showcase

Guest Marc Harrington

Here's my first 747-400X livery and of course favorite airline - LH.Registration - D-ABVA (the oldest in the fleet). Recently repainted to have an all white nose again, no more World Cup remnants left.Unlike its FS9 counterpart, the model features the now pointless Connexion by Boeing broadband antenna.After take off -http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH1.jpgClimbing - http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH2.jpgClimbing into the sunset after taking off from EDDF - http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH3.jpgUhm... still climbing -http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH4.jpgAbout to commence take off roll on 25L at EDDF (ahem, someone forgot to turn on the logo lights) - http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH5.jpgShowing the new FSX features such as bump maps and specular highlights (btw - the darker area on the fuselage behind door L3 is the wing casting a shadow, not dirt effect gone wrong ;)) - http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH6.jpg

Yes, Yes, Yes, That is also my favorite livery for the PAX version. This is also the preview I was waiting for. So thank you. This was my final check at the previews before all the relatives come over for my daughters 2nd B-Day Party. It was very nice to get a peek even though it is not quite the fathers day present I was hoping for but it will tide me over. ;) Thanks. :)

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Incredible! Just amazing! What I noticed on this one (other than being absolutely gorgeous) is the windscreen frame reflection in the last one. Great job!

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Guest cfm56

Hello mr. Harrington, thanks for the pics.....Is it possible for you to post the specifications of your computer pls....?GideonB

Guest ori218

Looking great Marc!I love all the previews, keep 'em coming, as I see Everyone enjoys them.Do you have interiors by any chance? or videos?Ori Harel. :)

Guest Marc Harrington

Thanks.There are some interior previews on our homepage and I'll probably be adding some more in the near future.

Guest Marc Harrington

Uhm yeah... it's a Dell XPS Pentium D 3.2, 2GB RAM with a GeForce 7800 GTX.

Guest ori218

Thanks.I have seen those on the page but a guy can never stay satisfied, can you blame me? :)where is the proper place to ask for liveries? so I won't bother the forum folkes with my own wishes?Ori Harel.

Guest Marc Harrington

You can go ahead and ask here in the forum... I'm sure Pete reads all the requests since I'm just redoing my existing ones (QF, KL, NZ and LH).

"Unlike its FS9 counterpart, the model features the now pointless Connexion by Boeing broadband antenna."??? Seems to be in the wrong spot, Marc... You've put the Broadband antenna where the Satcom Antenna should be. The (real) Broadband Antenna is about a foot or two behind the 2 black ADF antennae. Unless LH is different from the Singapore pics you were showing us???The antenna/antennae closest to doors L/R4 is the Satcom.Cheers.Q>

Guest Marc Harrington

Yeah, you know I had already noticed it since I fly on the thing every other month but for some reason didn't bring it up... living in denial is fun. I know we have two new options for antennas so either I turned on the wrong one or it really is in the wrong location. I shall investigate... thanks for bringing it back to my attention.

Guest Marc Harrington

Ok, the plane is going back to the hanagar for some rewiring of the antennas. ;)

Hi Marc,Looks great...Question though ( real world ).. what's the story with the boeing internet thing? I know LH had it.. and apparently suspended it. What happened?Which other airlines have it? I saw mention of SQ and I think I heard China Airlines have it... any others? Are there alternative solutions?Thanks,Paul

>Question though ( real world ).. what's the story with the>boeing internet thing? I know LH had it.. and apparently>suspended it. What happened?Here is a quote from Wiki."On June 26, 2006 it became public that Boeing was exploring selling or shutting down Connexion By Boeing, having failed to attract sufficient customers. [2] The lack of sufficient customers was speculated to be a direct result of the U.S. domestic carriers pulling from agreements with Connexion after 9/11. While the European market thrived on the service, no U.S. domestic carriers were able to justify the $500,000 per plane investment and the weight cost of the additional hardware.On August 17, 2006, Boeing announced that it would discontinue its Connexion service, stating that, "the market for this service has not materialized as had been expected."