Sign in to follow this  

New Sound Blaster Live Drivers

Heads Up,New SB Drivers are available. I've downloaded and installed. I was very pleased to see that I now have a frame rate increase as opposed to the old drop in frame rates that I had with SB sound. I'd like to know how the new drivers have affected other simmers frame rates.Thanks in advance.Happy Jet Trails To Youflyking

Guest Jeff S KDTW

I have a SoundBlaster Live! Value card that is run on Win98SE. I just checked their site, and for me at least the drivers are the same 1999/2000 versions.Just a note to others with similar configurations.http://www.soundblaster.com/Which drivers are you referring to?Regards,http://home.earthlink.net/~snyders2000/name.jpg | [LINK:www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?emailsearch=jlsnyder@hdp.com|AIRLINERS.NET PHOTOS][link:www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/posting101.html|SCREENSHOT TUTORIAL] | [link:www.biblegateway.com/bgaudio/english/NIV/Max%20McLean/RM/bgaudio.pl?selection=1]AUDIO BIBLE][/b

I tried these the other day. They brought my system to a screetching halt so I went back to the old ones. I am glad they are working for you though! I have always had problems with the SB Live and WinXP. I cant play mp3's or FS2002 with out skips crackles and pops. It seems to be my mobo (Asus A7V). I have tried every possible fix to no avail. I think i will actually go buy a new soundcard today. Any suggestions?-------------Michael

They are about the same for me with Windows 2000. Maybe slightly less frame rate decrease as old drivers. No problems to speak of that have appeared do far, but will wait and see. Give a try as each system is different and performance may just as easily increase as decrease. IF in XP definitely should as a rollback is built in.

Michael,I have the Sound Blaster Live (5.1 Dolby Digital). I think it ran me about $69.00 or so when I purchased it. No problems yet. This should probably be started as another topic but it would be interesting to know which sound cards other simmers are using. I'm especially curious about the "Turtle Beach" line. I've never owned one but I wonder how it stacks up against the Soundblasters.Happy Jet Trails To You,flyking

Thanks for the site. Found the XP drivers there. A question: In my device manager I have 2 listings, one is "Creative SB Live!Value" and below it is " Creative SB Live!Gameport". At the site for downloads I see a SB Live!Value. I guess I'm to assume I have a "Value" card? Ignore the "Gameport" listing? Just want to be sure. Thanks, Hatrick