Sign in to follow this  
THibben

Aerosoft 747 MCP

Level D 767 for FSX has been able to maintain their use of the Aerosoft 747 MCP. Is there something unique about the PMDG 747 for SFX that is making it not possible to be used in the FSX version?Thanks in advance,Tom

>Level D 767 for FSX has been able to maintain their use of>the Aerosoft 747 MCP. Is there something unique about the>PMDG 747 for SFX that is making it not possible to be used in>the FSX version?Seeing as the 744 for FSX is not out from PMDG how would you know that it does not work? Unless you are beta testing then you really should not be letting out info but if you are why not say more like how far away it is?John VeldthuisHanging out for 744 for FSX from PMDG.

John,I had asked Lefteris the question some time ago, before the Level D 767 came out, and he said it wouldn't be available. He said Aerosoft was not supporting it any more.I am not a beta tester. Tom

Tom-indeed Aerosoft Australia isn't supporting it anymore. Our FSX version of the 747-400 is changed so much in its guts that it would be a complete rewrite for an Aerosoft MCP driver to be written.If there's enough need for it, please write here - no promises (and it will certainly be for pay) but if there's enough demand, we could look into putting it in the queue.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,I know you have spoken on this subject before...whilst the Aerosoft MCP may well be a 'dead product' (no support from the manufacturer) & whilst I have absolutely no idea how many PMDG users actually have one or use it I can only add my weight to the support for a patch to enable its use for the 747X.Unless I am mistaken there is no other Big Boeing MCP on the market...I for one will certainly pay for a patch if it were to become available. I can only imagine how much work this would mean.I am not intending to switch to FSX until the equipment to run it to a satisfactory standard is available let alone all the bugs are ironed out, but if this were to be put in the 'things to do queue' I would be a very happy man.Sadly this product is like gold dust & seems to sell on places like e-bay for ridiculous amounts of money these days...I was lucky & still had mine from the good old days of PS13a!!!So any other Aerosoft MCP owners out there...bump it up!!!!Kind Regards

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Lefteris,Thanks for the reply. Yes, I would be willing to pay extra for the ability to use it. Would it be safe to assume if you are able to work it for the 747 could it also be made useable for the FX vesion of the 737?Tom

Hi,for me, I'd rather put it this way: if I could not use the Aerosoft MCP, then I'd have no reason to buy the FSX version... I'd fully happy to stay with the FS9 version.Of course, I'd understand paying for the upgraded version.

I still use it. Won't be upgrading to the FSX 744 if my MCP/EFIS/EICAS hardware won't work with it. As far as paying for it, I guess it would depend how much the interface would cost.Dustin

Hi Lefteris,Me too owner of that magnificent piece of hardware.It indead would be a shame if that isn't gonna be usable in ths new FSX version.So yes I would be willing to pay for a new driver as we do already for the new engravity driver right?Regards...Marc

Hi Lefteris,Until now, there is simply no correct replacement for the Heavy Boeing jets MCP/EFIS. Sadly all hardware makers are focussing on the B737....So the Aerosoft MCP is a piece of gold these days for the heavy jet lovers (B767-B744), selling in E-bay for the double of the original price. I suppose there much certainly be a market for the driver updates. CiaoMichel

Guest raymondt

i would also say that it wouldn't make much sense to switch over to X as long as the Aerosoft MCP is not working, so count me in also.

Guest smjfreeman

Hi All,Please add me to the growing list of aerosoft mcp users. I will not be using fsx, or 744x until i can use my mcpefiseicas.... theres just no way i can take a retrogreade step like that. I've become too used to it.I'll also echo the sentiments of others in the thread regarding the 737 hardware... as abundant as it is - I for one prefer to use pukka 747 controls, and rare they are... it took me a year to find mine, and i paid 600 quid for them. No way would I give them up for an "upgrade".Thanks for listening pmdg. I hope I speak for many more who dont post here.... the pm converts et alMike

Gents,Thanks for the replies so far...lets keep it going...there must be more of us out there??Sadly I only own the Aerosoft MCP...any ideas where I could lay my hands on the EFIS/EICAS modules...or am I just dreaming!!! I retrospect I would rather lay my habds on those than shell out god knows how much on a new system to run FSX/744X.Kind Regards

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Hello to all. I also am proprietor of MCP, EFIS and EICAS of Aerosoft, and would be arranged to acquire a new interface to be able to use it with the B747 of PMDG to FSX GreetingsIsrael Abril Fern