Sign in to follow this  
MIKE JG

737NG Models, reflective........??

Hi all just looking for some advice here on repainting the 737-700 model. I'm trying to create a grey military style flat paint scheme, IOW no reflective properties. However after using the PMDG paintkit and making sure there are no alpha channels in the files, my repaint still looks a bit shiny. Is this because the model itself is a reflective model and therefore can't be made to have a "flat" look to it?

if i remember right you have to have an alpha channel, fill it white and see if the reflections go away... (or was it black? :D ) hope it helps. luca

Don't confuse reflections for specularity.In FS9, you control the depth of reflections through the alpha channel. The specularity is something that is hard coded into the model. (Specularity is that little white hot spot that shows up on a shiny object)Unfortunately, there is no way for an end-user to alter the specular characteristics of the model in FS9. (FSX painters will have considerably more flexibility in this area).Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Thank Vin, that's what I was afraid someone would say. Oh well no biggie.

nice, learned something new :) Thanks, and sorry for the possibly misleading post. Luca