Sign in to follow this  
Guest banker

Continuing left bank....

Guest banker

Hello everybody,right now I am on my way on the three hour flight to KIAD and once again I have a strange problem with my 737 700After programming the FMC and takeoff, the pane doesn't track the airway as it should. There is a small offset to the right and because of that, the airplane is in a continuing left bank.My first impression was crosswind but I have never seen it before like this. In the past the 737 would show a yaw into the wind but never a bank.I have tried the whole set of tricks but I can't get it solved.Does anyone have any bright ideas of what could be wrong?thanksLuc BrusselmansBelgium

Guest banker

Update....I have been looking into this the whole morning but I can't get any grip on the problem.Whever I go, 737 ALWAYS has a left bank.I have tried to disconnect all controlers, removed the fsuipc inifile, removed my pfc drivers and reinstalled them...I changed Airac cycle but all with no result.After takeoff, I engage autopilot, set a heading (no winds), and there is the (slight but distinct) bank again. When I program the FMC, the aircraft refuses to track the programmed course. Yes it follows the track but always wih some offset and always with the slight left bank. The same happens when tracking an ILS aproach.Not much fun and I can't figure out any more possible solutions.Nobody with suggestions?All help appreciatedLuc Brusselmans

Guest samrec

You said you check your controllers, but have you checked to see the controller alignment? check to see the rudder settings on you controller and on the plane itself. Your controller might be sending a bit of rudder to the program thus making the plane behave like that.

Guest banker

Samuel,well, you might have a point there.I am using the flightyoke of AETI (molded to the Saab Yoke) and it worked like a charm with the CH rudderpedals pro.A few weeks ago, I bought the solid pedals from Elite and if I remember correctly, that's when the problems began.Those pedals are build to withstand a storm but support in Fs9/FsX is limited. They work alright but are not recognised by the usual channels. I suspect the drivers that are deliverd with the pedals are not as they should be. But that's only a guess.I can give it a shot and replace them with my old pedals and look how it works then.I'll keep you postedLuc BrusselmansBelgium