Sign in to follow this  
Guest squawk

747-400 Singapore Changi - Crash on Take-Off

Guest squawk

Does anyone have problems taking-off at WSSS Singapore Changi? Half down any runway, the flight crashes.:-(I know that the runways at WSSS in FS9 are bumpy, but in all other aircraft I can get airborne.Any suggestions?:-hmmmCheers.

It's a pain, isn't it. After setting up the plane, programming the FMC - and then falling into an invisible hole in a taxi-way :-(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hi,I could be wrong, but what is the surface of the runway you are taking off? If it is Butimus (or something like that) then it is possible you crash.You can try to disable crash-detection or via the prog AFCAD change the surface of the Rwy.AFAIK there are some more topics discribing this sort of problems.Try a search with "butimus" and you must find them.Hope this helps.

I landed in WSSS yesterday and there is something wrong with the AFCAD. Runway 30 L ( I think) is very rough. I've seen this from time to time, and my guess is that the AFCAD is showing the runway texture, and really the friction model is that of dirt. I can't imagine trying to take off on that!Try and find a replacement on Avsim.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Guest squawk

Thanks for the replies, I'm glad it's not something that I'm doing wrong.In answer to your question Joe, yes I'm using the default scenery.Cheers.

Guest ALT2024

Download afcad221.zip from the avsim file library. Make sure FS9 is closed and edit the runway surface using afcad221. It's really easy to do. The bitumus runway surface causes the Queen to crash.Rob