Sign in to follow this  
Guest Murfi

744 Help

Guest Murfi

I just switched back to FS9 yesterday, installed the 744 and loaded a cold and dark cockpit. I followed the proceedures correctly and even checked it with a friend that I did the right procedure. and I cannot get the displays working! I have no idea why! I loaded a flight and didn't load and cold and dark cockpit so the displays are already on. After 30 seconds they turn off and I can't get them back on again. I have all the updates and SP1.I have no idea whats happening here.Any suggestions?CheersBilly

Guest Murfi

Right. That worked fine, done a flight the other day, went back to it yesterday and today and after I had departed the autopilot wouldn't enagage. It was working great the other day after I fixed the activation problem.What have/haven't I done now?Cheers

Guest Murfi

Hello? I know I can't pull back on the stick at the same time. But even when I unplug my joystick I can't get it on. :l I read the manual, so it's not like I'm one of those people that don't read it. :l

"What have/haven't I done now?"I'm reasonably sure that you did something different to what you did the day before... and it proved to be the wrong thing.Do exactly what you did the day before, and I'm sure it will work ;)When pilots write up problems in the Technical Log Book, they need to include things like...WhatWhichWhenWhereAssociated EICAS messagese.g. What mode, which autopilot, at what altitude, in what configuration, what was tried to remedy the problem, etc....Without these, we'd only be making wild/crazy guesses at what the problem was ;)Cheers.Q>P.S. Thanks for reading the manual ;)

Guest UrlocalAZN

Hey guys I'm also having problems with my 744 autopilot. I can't seem to click on any of the buttons or knobs. Normally when you move your mouse over the buttons or knobs, you would expect the arrow to turn into a hand but it doesn't seem to be the case for the autopilot buttons. I'm also experiencing the same problem with other knobs. Can anyone help me out?

Guest Murfi

>"What have/haven't I done now?">>I'm reasonably sure that you did something different to what>you did the day before... and it proved to be the wrong>thing.>>Do exactly what you did the day before, and I'm sure it will>work ;)>>When pilots write up problems in the Technical Log Book, they>need to include things like...>>What>Which>When>Where>Associated EICAS messages>>e.g. What mode, which autopilot, at what altitude, in what>configuration, what was tried to remedy the problem, etc....>>Without these, we'd only be making wild/crazy guesses at what>the problem was ;)>>Cheers.>Q>>>P.S. Thanks for reading the manual ;)Sorry about very late reply...had computer problems and been busy lately. Yeah...my bad. As you know you cannot pull back on the yoke and connect the a/p. I recently got annoyed and chucked my joystick on the floor and a bit of metal was making it climb. I took it apart and fixed my joystick. :D Love this beast, shame I don't have enough time do a nice long hual flight with it! :(

Another fellow had a similar problem on another forum... He tried running the sim in a different resolution.Let us know if this works.Cheers.Q>